Would anyone be interested in reading やがて君になる?

As the title says, would anyone be interested in reading やがて君になる together? I’m planning on doing an order in the next week or two and thought that alongside Dragon Ball SD, I will also get the first volume of this one.

It would be at a rather glacial pace, I read Yotsuba a few years ago, but then stopped learning Japanese for a few years and only just restarted.

5 Likes

I’ve already read the series, so no, but I definitely recommend it. If you do make a book club I could follow along to help answer questions.

1 Like

I think I saw your post about it in one of the threads! :smiley:

1 Like

I also read the series already, but I’d actually read it again in japanese.
Really liked the story and some time ago I had a look at some raws from second volume (I think?). At that time I really didn’t understand much at all, heh
I’m pretty sure it’s a bit early for me to try to read sth like yagakimi, but hey, i can at least try

So yeah, I guess you can count me in if you’d like

1 Like

I actually finished the anime not too long ago, and to my surprise my local Japanese store brought the manga, but the first volume is out of stock. I will probably get it, especially since I still have like half of the story left and I thought it was quite nice, but I don’t know when that might be. But if no book club has been established by then I will report back!

1 Like

@rikaiwisdom @Yumari-1 great! I still have to order the book too (it’s currently out of stock from the shop I’m doing my orders from, but was promised that it will be available again some time next week). So, there’s quite a bit of time to get things together.

2 Likes

I’d be interested. I read it in english a while back and really liked it. You can count me in if a book club gets made

1 Like

I’ve just started reading it! Would love to discuss with a book club ^^

1 Like

@romato Great! :smiley:

@grayzerbeam that would be great! How are you finding it so far? I mean in terms of difficulty etc.

not too bad for me personally - mostly just looking up vocab words I’m unfamiliar with. but I’m probably not a good gauge cause I studied japanese for years but then haven’t used it since about 2014 lol. so my memory for grammar is good but my kanji and vocab went out the window.
I’m really invested in the story which keeps me motivated :relaxed:

:smiley: Ah, ok. I read Yotsuba a few years ago and then abandoned Japanese, but now that I have a bit more time, picked it up again, I want to read stuff that I’m actually into reading. Yotsuba was ok, but it was a slog, because I didn’t really enjoy it. But this one looks interesting and glad to hear that others like it!

1 Like

What kinda story is it?

It is a yuri manga about two girls in high school.

Bloom into you – やがて君になる

1 Like

I ordered the first volume today, hoepfully it should arrive some time late next week. To those of you who are interested (@romato @rikaiwisdom @Yumari-1), would starting some time in the second half of March work? @grayzerbeam would that be too late for you? I’m not sure where you at in the book.

1 Like

Is it a manga or a light novel? And do you have a link to where I can buy it in Japanese? If I can get it before you start, I’d love to join!

1 Like

It’s a manga. I’m not sure where you are based. If in Europe, I ordered it from here.

2 Likes

Thank you! Just ordered it - I’ll make sure to join in if you start a book club! And in response to your other thing:

That would work for me, at least.

1 Like

Great! I will make sure to set everything up in good time. :smiley:

1 Like

Coincidentally, I got an e-mail yesterday saying that they restocked it. I’ll see in the next few days if I’m going to make an order this month and depending on that I’ll tell you :slightly_smiling_face: . What idea do you have in mind with the book club, do you plan on reading the whole series? I’m debating whether I should get the first volume or a couple, but that depends on the pace.

I’m planning on reading the whole series, but not sure what the others are planning. I will most likely do another order in a month or so for vols. 2 and 3.

1 Like