やがて君になる -- Bloom into you Vol. 2 (Book club)

Welcome to the やがて君になる Vol. 2 bookclub.

Where to buy

Amazon JP | Bookwalker | Verasia (physical copy only)

Schedule

Reading schedule
Vol. 2

Date
Chapter 6 3 May
Chapter 7 10 May
Chapter 8 17 May
Chapter 9 24 May
Chapter 10 31 May

Discussion

Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Member list

Vote here, if you are reading with the book club
  • Yep :slight_smile:

0 voters

Vocabulary list

Please read the guidelines on the Google Sheet before adding any vocabulary. The most important point is that you have to add the dictionary form, not the form in which it appears in the book. Also, no grammar concepts, only vocabulary. We can discuss the finer points of grammar here in this thread.

5 Likes

This volume and volume 4 have the best covers imo.

1 Like

waits patently for may

2 minutes later

…it it may already? :smiley:

3 Likes

Honestly, same. I’m pumped to keep reading more.

1 Like

got the 2nd volume, all the effort setting up an amazon.co.jp account was well worth it, took me just a few clicks to get it now ^^

…now to wait… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How is it on the Kindle? I dug out my partner’s old Kindle and hooked it up to amazon.co.jp, but apart from getting a sample of vol. 1 of the Saeki light novel to check that it’s all fine, I haven’t bought anything on it yet. Can you highlight words in the manga the same way as you can in light novels?

unfortunately i can’t highlight stuff in the manga. so i spend quite some time looking up complicated kanji on jisho (i’m getting good at searching by radicals :smiley: ).

for now i’m just using the kindle app on my laptop. the tablet i’ve got is ancient and doesn’t run the kindle app. though i might invest in a kindle sometime down the line (or ask for one as a birthday present or something). paper (actual books) would be nice, but not really an option for me right now, because my brain is complicated.

1 Like

just found the perfect solution for waiting until may: read a different yuri manga :smiley:

ready to dive into あさがおと加瀬さん ^^

2 Likes

Perfect! Let me know how it is!

It’s kinda annoying that the kindle wouldn’t allow the text to be highlighted on manga, because in the light novel you can use the built in dictionary and then export your look ups and make an Anki deck.

1 Like

Yeah, but manga are basically images. It’s non-trivial to add functionality to allow highlighting text in images. If you’ve ever tried using Google Translate’s image feature, it’s really bad at figuring out complex kanji for example.

1 Like

it’s a lot of fun! :smiley:

i’m about 20 pages in, so first report: there’s no furigana, or only for names. on the other hand the font is much cleaner/easier to read that in やがて君になる, at least in the kindle version. the language is easier, i’m not looking up nearly as much, despite the no furigana thing.

the story is less about how they get together, but how they learn to be together as a couple. it follows them from the local high-school to college in tokyo, and watches them become adults together.

there’s a short anime (a 5 minute mini and a 1 hour short movie) too, which i enjoyed a lot ^^

Yeah, Google Translate is not the best, but I have OCR’d manga pages before and it wasn’t half bad. Though, obviously the file size would be a nightmare and I’m also sure that there would be other difficulties with that.

@Mrs_Diss that sounds pretty good! I might check it out too at some point, it is pretty much down my alley.

Kase-san is very sporty, and very forward, and way cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

so cute!

and i will now stop derailing this thread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I will definitely be joining for Volume 2 and onwards :wink: Surprisingly all of the volumes from my local store are out of stock, someone went on a buying spree, I can’t blame them ^^ . When they restock I will get volumes 2 and 3. Unless something happens and they don’t restock in a long time, which I doubt, they should arrive before May.

4 Likes

Great, sounds good! I also had some problems with some volumes being out of stock and then when those were in stock, others were out of stock. So I ended up ordering them in three batches. This is what I get for preferring the physical format to a Kindle version.

4 Likes

For those planning to read the whole series, the kindle versions of all volumes are currently half off on the Japanese Amazon store.

7 Likes

Nice! Just looked and they are half off on Bookwalker as well.

2 Likes

One week left till we start!!! So exciting!

4 Likes

Surprisingly my store hasn’t restock the volumes yet ;-; I hope it’s not too late by then and I can join soonish.

1 Like

thanks for the heads-up, that’s about 2000 yen saved :smiley:

only a week! i’d better finish my other manga before then :smiley: