[Worksheets] Verb Conjugation Drills

My conjugation skills need serious work so this will be pretty useful! Thanks Breadstick :smiley:
If it’s not too much trouble, could you also upload a page without the dictionary forms filled in so we can add in our own?

riya said... My conjugation skills need serious work so this will be pretty useful! Thanks Breadstick :D
If it's not too much trouble, could you also upload a page without the dictionary forms filled in so we can add in our own?
 +1

(Why am I so eager for this?  I've been avoiding verbs like the plague.  Call it bad experiences from high school French.)
riya said... My conjugation skills need serious work so this will be pretty useful! Thanks Breadstick :D
If it's not too much trouble, could you also upload a page without the dictionary forms filled in so we can add in our own?
 Hi Riya,

I posted a new file called Verb Drills Blank. Download that and print as many copies as you need!

-BSN

Yesss, thanks! Printing off a bunch of these right now.

Awesome, thank you!

I sat and did the first 8 pages of godan (u verb) and ichidan (ru verb), reading, meaning, transitivity, present neg, past neg and past. This took me like 2-ish hours. Good works. (B4 I did this I read Tae Kim multiply times on how to classify verbs, and conjugate them in the ways I practiced, also took notes of it). This immensely helped me with classification, conjugation and Transitivity (before I didn’t even know, now I get it right 90% of the time) Thanks? (Wanna go ahead and make one for 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50?

ありがとうございます!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

These are an excellent resource - thank you so much for sharing them!
DJDawg said... I sat and did the first 8 pages of godan (u verb) and ichidan (ru verb), reading, meaning, transitivity, present neg, past neg and past. This took me like 2-ish hours. Good works. (B4 I did this I read Tae Kim multiply times on how to classify verbs, and conjugate them in the ways I practiced, also took notes of it). This immensely helped me with classification, conjugation and Transitivity (before I didn't even know, now I get it right 90% of the time) Thanks? (Wanna go ahead and make one for 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50?
 Yes! I'll do these when I have a free minute and add another box showing what level each item is. Glad you feel like the drills are helping!

Edit: Just added the rest of the levels!
BreadstickNinja said...
DJDawg said... I sat and did the first 8 pages of godan (u verb) and ichidan (ru verb), reading, meaning, transitivity, present neg, past neg and past. This took me like 2-ish hours. Good works. (B4 I did this I read Tae Kim multiply times on how to classify verbs, and conjugate them in the ways I practiced, also took notes of it). This immensely helped me with classification, conjugation and Transitivity (before I didn't even know, now I get it right 90% of the time) Thanks? (Wanna go ahead and make one for 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50?
 Yes! I'll do these when I have a free minute and add another box showing what level each item is. Glad you feel like the drills are helping!

Edit: Just added the rest of the levels!
 This is too awesome.

Thank you so much~

Thank you very much!

Thanks for update and hard work! 

Hello all,

I’ve downloaded the sheets, but since I haven’t studied Japanese in awhile, I’m a bit rusty. Is there an easier way I can get the “answers” to these as well?

jinocencio said... Hello all,

I've downloaded the sheets, but since I haven't studied Japanese in awhile, I'm a bit rusty. Is there an easier way I can get the "answers" to these as well?
 It would be really difficult for me to add them to the Excel file itself--- I automated the template creation from the WK vocab list, but I wrote in those example conjugations by hand.

One thing you could do is check your forms against the example ichidan and godan conjugations I gave at the top of the different pages. They should be the same for the same kinds of verbs (with slight changes, like the て form being made differently depending on the ending of a godan verb).

Another idea, if you know the dictionary form of a verb, though, you can put it into the Japanese Verb Conjugator website and check your answers against that. (EDIT: This thing doesn't work for zuru verbs. Thought I should warn you.)

Thank you so much for this! I was able to transfer the file into Google Drive and the Drive spreadsheet app converted it without any problem so I can edit it directly from there. 

Wow, incredible job! I’ll definitely have to check these out later, since I’m kind of really shitty at conjugating things. @___@; I could use some practice! 
Thanks for your hard work! :smiley:

Based on the layout I created a pdf version, you can find a samle here.
It also includes the WK example sentences. 

Theoretically I could generate filled out versions too if there are people interested in that.

tomboy said... Based on the layout I created a pdf version, you can find a samle here.
It also includes the WK example sentences. 

Theoretically I could generate filled out versions too if there are people interested in that.
 This is awesome! Thanks for the contribution.

If it’s not too much trouble, .pdf format would be really appreciated.  It’d make it a lot easier to view on my tablet/phone than an .xls

This is awesome!  I especially like that a blank form is there, too. =)