WK has been acting weird lately

This is at least the second time this has happened to me lately. Reviews and lessons appear normally, and then I’m suddenly asked to do only 20 or so reviews the next day.
I assume this is normal for a couple of days and then decide to log out and log back in. When I log back in there is a big pile of reviews and lessons that weren’t there a minute ago.

Today I did this again and wound up with 1300+ reviews. What gives?

4 Likes

That’s really funky. Any idea, @Mods ?

3 Likes

Yeah, having 600+ apprentice items and getting only 20 review items in a day is very odd.

7 Likes

oof. I am so sorry. :confounded: Hopefully some of them are phantoms?

2 Likes

Oof, that’s really rough.

Are you using WK in browser, or on one of the unofficial apps?

3 Likes

Yes, doesn’t the 3rdparty apps need connecting to the internet to update/sync with the WK website? :thinking:

2 Likes

No phantoms. I let it go like this ( low number of reviews) a few days because I thought this was what the final level were like.

I use Tsurukame and it appeared to update at each session. It’s just that the numbers were really low for some reason.

I also use Tsurukame. Because it usually does not sync when I first open the app, I always make sure to check with the web version that it is displaying the right amount of reviews.

2 Likes

You could ask around in the Tsurukame thread. I don’t know if the creator of Tsurukame is still active, but that would be the best place to see if other people are having the same problem and if there is a fix.

@ekuroe 's advice seems like a good place to start. Would hate for your workload to keep piling on :grimacing:

3 Likes

I also use Tsurukame but I haven’t had an issue. I’ve been on the beta version of the app for a few months now though (you don’t get consistent push notifications when you have reviews, but there are a few extra features I prefer, and perhaps it doesn’t have the reviews problem).

1 Like

Heya! Thanks for the information and for the tag. It’s hard to tell if it’s due to interference from the app or not. Could you try it out on your browser without scripts and see if things work normally there? Let us know either way by emailing us at hello@wanikani.com and we can look into it!

3 Likes

Sorry. Do you mean try out WK using my browser, or Tsurukame? I’ve confirmed that the number of reviews on both platforms (WK &T) is the same, so it is synching.

This has been happening to me as well. I notice that the new kanji to level up haven’t been appearing for a couple of days and then all of a sudden I’m blasted with like 500 reviews.

1 Like

Are you also using a third party app like Tsurukame, or just wanikani.com? Are you logging in and out of our site or from Tsurukame mainly? Let us know by email with some details, thanks! hello@wanikani.com

2 Likes

This happened to me once (and I believe someone else opened a thread about this already elsewhere) that Tsurukame did not update the number of reviews. As I use WK website as the main site to do reviews, I realized things were weird right away. Logging out of Tsurukame, restarting the iPhone, logging back in fixed all this. Never happened again since. This has helped others, perhaps it will help you, too?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.