Will API Apps mess with your progress?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but here’s the deal:

I want do download app that lets me learn my WK vocabs in reverse, i.e. show me the hiragana/english word and have me draw the kanji. However: If I screw up a kanji there, will its progress drop in WK as well? 

I ask this because with the standard mobile WK app this is the case. (Here, however, that’s intended)

I’m talking about this app in particular /t/Memrise-English-to-KanjiKana-Vocab-Course/4734/1

The API is read-only: it cannot make your items progress or regress, just show information.
Certain applications embed a browser that allows you to do your reviews, but it’s done through a browser interface and you have to log into WaniKani.com.

And your link seems to point to a memrise course, which has nothing to do with the API whatsoever.

nope.  completely different system.

davna90 said...I ask this because with the standard mobile WK app this is the case. (Here, however, that's intended)
 I'd refrain from calling it standard, it's unofficial. It still requires your ID+PW to do reviews, thus you can modify your progress. An API key alone as has been stated is read-only and will not affect progress.

I don’t think that one even connects to your account. It’s a different website entirely.