We salute you API Version 1

Hello all,

The day has finally come to put API version 1 out of commission. In a few moments after this post’s timestamp the API version 1 will cease to exist.

image image

We officially set the hard date nearly six months ago. And the writing on the wall was inked back in July 2017. The arrival of this day should not come as a surprise. And it looks like many have already transitioned to API version 2.

There will be reactions and questions once API version 1 is put to rest. Many will be variations of the same topic. We will address the most common reaction/question below.

Something is broken on WaniKani website or third-party mobile app. Help!

The problem is 99% most likely sourced to a script you are using. Or if it is the mobile app, then it’s the mobile app that is the problem.

You are accessing WaniKani via a browser

Check if you are running any WK scripts. And turn them off. Does the problem still persist? If not, try turning each one of them on one-by-one to identify the issue scripts. These scripts are most likely using API version 1. You’ll need to contact the script’s author to have them update the script.

You are accessing WaniKani using a third-party mobile app

The mobile app is most likely using API version 1 or has built in scripts that is using API version 1. You’ll need to contact the app author to have them update the app.

Note: WaniKani does not have an official mobile app.

95 Likes

Godspeed You! API Version 1

10 Likes

Adieu, API version un.

9 Likes

Long live APIv2!

P.S. Thanks to @Asteroth and @MegaZeroX for the reminder…

Bye, 10 characters, 10 characters

8 Likes

死ね、API version 1!!!

We will miss you.

Edif: Well if @UInt2048 is allowed to cheat and put the true words of solidarity in, then so will I.

Bye, 10 characters, 10 characters

9 Likes

snaaaaake

16 Likes

Thank you APIv1, for all that you allowed us to create.

Every external app and resource that brought joy and mobile access to the community. Every chart and tiny bit of self-analysis you let us do, to really understand our learning. All things must come to an end, but as you slip into your retirement, I hope that your memory banks are filled with the knowledge of all the worshippers of the Crabigator you have helped!

20 Likes

So who wants to comb through the third party apps list and remove everything using V1?

31 Likes

Thank you for all that you did API v1.

You will be forever in our memories :heart:

3 Likes

Nice of you to volunteer!

26 Likes

I actually did put it on my to-do list sweat

26 Likes

Don’t remove the old v1 stuff - just move to the outdated section

7 Likes

Just imagine how much cleaner it will look after it’s done though :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I really don’t think there is any value in keeping them on the list. Most likely their authors are long gone

6 Likes

Aye and it’s not like things removed can’t be put back on if function is restored.

3 Likes

Separate list or post maybe to archive them? That way, if you wanted to look at it - e.g. “I feel like something used to exist that did ___ but I don’t remember what it was called…”

11 Likes

Uhhhh…wkstats has not been fixed for v2. That’s kind of a big deal.

6 Likes

Tbh, it could be a way to get ideas or get inspired for other script writers.

4 Likes

Sure it has! The v2 site has been up and running for a long time. wkstats

16 Likes

Not with the projections section. I use that all the time and consider it the main feature. That should have been updated before intentionally breaking the working version.

11 Likes