What's your favorite kanji to write?

I really love how this is basically someone writing 心 and then getting frustrated because they wrote it badly so they crossed it out

4 Likes

I don’t now about nyoom, but I often say (in my head) swishy-swish or squeeky for some components. And 氵 is dada…da.

My favorite radicals would be 四 or 糸.

I hate 心 and 也, because I can never get them looking right.

2 Likes

I was so curious myself I actually googled it :smiley: . I thought it’s something like セツセツ, but alas, Tofugu has this to say:

Cutting
ざくざく 	Chopping the stalks off of vegetables
さくっ・さくり・さっくり 	Cutting food with a sharp knife

More here: https://www.tofugu.com/japanese/japanese-onomatopoeia/

2 Likes

My favourite is 鳩

水、氷、and 永 have always been favorites, 月 and 何 are fun too, but i’ve grown to love writing many of the kanji i’ve learned over the past year.

In a similar line of thinking, やすみ is a very oddly satisfying, “symmetrical” set of kana to look at for me

3 Likes

都. The differents swing are natural and feels satisfying.

2 Likes

It’s just so simple and elegant.

2 Likes

我 for me. Not exactly a @Redglare swish nyoom, but the stroke order makes me feel like I am sword fighting with my pen.

3 Likes

It has all of the different types of strokes in one compact kanji, so it gets used for practice often.

1 Like

Eh, probably something like 木 ? Really easy ones, I can’t write complex ones from memory :smiley:

I like 中

It looks nice and clean, and I married into a Nakagawa family. Plus, it’s relatively easy to write.

Then the stroke order shatters your dream. ಥ_ಥ

2 Likes

It’s probably 美. The way that it leads the strokes from 王 into 大 is so satisfying.
最、事、and 戦 are nice as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.