What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

@Chopper,

If you have Open Framework installed, paste the following code in your Javascript console (press F12 and click on the Console tab):

Click to open code
wkof.include('Apiv2');
wkof.ready('Apiv2').then(fetch_data).then(process_data);
function fetch_data() {
	return wkof.Apiv2.fetch_endpoint('/reviews');
}
function process_data(json) {
	let stages = ['Lessons', 'Apprentice 1', 'Apprentice 2', 'Apprentice 3', 'Apprentice 4', 'Guru 1', 'Guru 2', 'Master', 'Enlightened'];
	let reviews = json.data;
	let hourCount = new Array(12).fill(0);
	let hourCorrect = new Array(12).fill(0);
	reviews.forEach(review => {
		let hour = new Date(review.data.created_at).getHours();
		let bin = Math.floor(hour/2);
		hourCount[bin]++;
		if (review.data.ending_srs_stage > review.data.starting_srs_stage) {
			hourCorrect[bin]++;
		}
	});
	let output = ['Accuracy:'];
	for (let i=0; i<12; i++) {
		let time = ('0'+(i*2)).slice(-2)+':00 - '+('0'+((i+1)*2)).slice(-2)+':00';
		if (hourCount[i] > 0) {
			output.push('  '+time+': '+(hourCorrect[i] / hourCount[i] * 100).toFixed(2)+'%');
		} else {
			output.push('  '+time+': ---');
		}
	}
	console.log(output.join('\n'));
}

You’ll get something like this:

Accuracy:
  00:00 - 02:00: 62.22%
  02:00 - 04:00: ---
  04:00 - 06:00: ---
  06:00 - 08:00: 95.24%
  08:00 - 10:00: 68.32%
  10:00 - 12:00: 69.28%
  12:00 - 14:00: 68.22%
  14:00 - 16:00: 67.92%
  16:00 - 18:00: 67.24%
  18:00 - 20:00: 49.93%
  20:00 - 22:00: 65.35%
  22:00 - 24:00: 61.85%
1 Like

Thanks a ton! I’ve installed it but am out of lessons until I level up this evening, I’ll report back when I have a chance to test it out.

1 Like

thank you sir!
results are in but nothing fancy…

00:00 - 02:00: 72.67%
02:00 - 04:00: 79.47%
04:00 - 06:00: 76.77%
06:00 - 08:00: 79.94%
08:00 - 10:00: 78.21%
10:00 - 12:00: 80.88%
12:00 - 14:00: 77.94%
14:00 - 16:00: 79.37%
16:00 - 18:00: 76.72%
18:00 - 20:00: 76.84%
20:00 - 22:00: 78.35%
22:00 - 24:00: 76.40%

Just tested the script. It worked for kanji and vocab, but I don’t think it worked for radicals. Not a big deal since radicals are so easy anyway. I think it may have also caused a synonym I entered during the lesson to appear twice (at least temporarily; looking at the radical page, it seems wk doesn’t allow repeats). Now that I think about it, the radical lesson pages looked a little bit wonky (it had double entry available for synonyms iirc). Again, not particularly important, but figured I’d report on it! If you need I can screen cap in a week if you need me to try recreating the problem with radicals :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m actually on a break from WK now, due to other studies, so if it’s working well enough I’ll leave it as is for now. I’ll definitely get back to it when I start doing WK again.

1 Like

I like @seanblue’s Show Specific SRS Level in Reviews, but that “Guru 1” or “Guru 2” etc info is only shown in Reviews (well, the name said so). May I please have this info available on Radical/Kanji/Vocab page as well? So that this won’t be displayed as Guru only, but Guru 3, or Apprentice 4, and so on. See my screenshot. And can I also have info from the script that if the current Radical/Kanji/Vocab is one of my leeches that were calculated in total on my dashboard using @seanblue’s WK Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown, there would be something to tell me that this is one of my leeches, and if it’s not too hard to add, show also another homophone (if this is the case for the leech) kanji/vocab on the current page side by side with the current kanji/vocab.

Just noticed this thread.
How about one where during Kanji lessons it displays both unyomi and kunyomi readings? I know it can be overwhelming to learn both at once, but I like the feeling of knowing both readings before I get to the vocab lessons, which I can then fly through.

1 Like

I would like to have a script that show during review if an item (radical, kanji, vocab) has not reached guru at least once. Just any little visual indicator would be ok.

Because my policy is too get all new items to guru without any mistake, thanks to ignore script, to be able to level up quickly, but once an item reach guru then be much more strict about mistakes… However sometimes I get confused and ignore item from previous levels :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Following up, and I ran into a bug where pressing space bar while filling in a synonym during the quiz causes the screen to jump around, and ‘f’ key causes the drop down menu to close (and subsequently open up). I’m out of lessons right now, but I’ll do a bit more playing around with this and see if I replicate the problem later and in different places.

1 Like

Will look into it tomorrow

1 Like

Just another update. The script seems to be working inconsistently. I’m almost certain I’ve seen the script work before, but I’ve definitely had several instances where I was sure I’d added a synonym only to find during reviews that it wasn’t there. I confirmed this today by adding a synonym during quiz and then checking the item page. The synonym didn’t take during the quiz (even though it was there, WK didn’t accept it as a valid answer), and it was subsequently not on the item page. It also had the strange side effect of blocking synonyms that had been added before (these synonyms did make it to the item page though). I just did a quick test using some items and it doesn’t seem that having synonyms during the lesson was the cause; the lesson-input synonyms appeared during the quiz, the quiz-input synonym didn’t take during the quiz, but it did transfer over to the item page. It may have something to do with trying to input synonyms in the quiz for multiple items?

Oh, also confirmed that the space key causes the screen to jump, f key closes the dropdown menu (so you can’t add any synonyms with f in them), and backspace doesn’t work. These are pretty minor though, just submitting for completeness :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[EDIT] Resolved for my dumb ass

Hello, all! I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with an issue I’ve found on the forums.

Whenever I try to CTRL+F something, the forum’s search bar prevents my browser from opening its search bar and finding/highlighting all the occurrences of the word. Instead, I have to use the forum’s search bar, which will only take me to the specific post that has the word. Useful if I’m trying to find a post, but overall, I can’t seem to search large wiki posts for the one API or resource they mentioned, since the bar just takes me to the top of the post. Maybe there’s a better keyboard shortcut or something I could do in the settings, but I’ve searched and haven’t found anything.

If there isn’t an easy fix, would it be possible to make a script to suppress that unless I hit the search button, like on almost all other websites?

Also, when the WaniKani search highlights a word, it’s pretty hard to find, since it’s a light shade of yellow against white (with the normal theme). In my normal browser, for example, it’s usually a bright pink. If there isn’t an easy workaround for CTRL+F, could someone either show me how to/make a script to be able to manually change the color, or at least select a higher contrast color for highlighting?

Hope I’m not requesting too much! Thanks a bunch.

press CTRL+F twice
works for me in firefox, win10

:grinning: Thank you!

I would like to see a script that pulls up a “importance” or “frequency of use” in the description of a vocab word. This stems from the annoyance of learning 15 synonyms and not knowing which one is actually more commonly used for a while.

4 Likes

A script that will allow me to choose which kanji and words are in each new lesson, from any level. :slight_smile:

No script will ever allow you to study material you do not have access to

4 Likes

I wonder if you could make a “shake, try again” script for first-try wrong entries on leeches-in-apprentice only. The leech trainer is great, but it would be better to have feedback during reviews to forcibly check and break wrong answer cycles. I don’t have much time to train leeches in addition to keeping up with normal reviews.

If you could apply this script to only leeches over a certain threshhold of failures and the meaning / reading with the highest rate of failure, I think it would be most helpful. Especially if it brought up your notes or displayed hints you created for it at the same time, so you could see the kanji and the hint in the same space. :thinking:

Is this pie in the sky, or is some of this idea possible?

I guess you could use an automatic leech detector, but a “check this box to mark it a leech” works for me, too.

1 Like

I’m looking for something that will help people who aren’t starting to learn kanji from zero. Maybe something that will automatically mark correct kanji I already know so I don’t have to spend as much time on lower levels reviews. Ideally I would want to just be able to pre-burn certain kanji that I know already, but I think an auto answer so you don’t have to see would be the next best thing. Note, I’m not trying to make the time between reviews smaller or anything, just cut the parts I already know out of the reviews so I don’t have to waste time doing those.

Just as a note, the scripts run on the host machine, so you can only do what a user has access to. The SRS stages, burning, etc. is handled on the WK server, so hiding/processing the items you don’t like is the maximum you can do (except for really messing around in the web app :wink: )