Week 6: 冷たい密室と博士たち - Doctors in Isolated Room (S&M Vol.2)

This is a spinoff of the Advanced Book Club. Join the Advanced Book Club here!

冷たい密室と博士たち - Doctors in Isolated Room (S&M Vol.2) Home Thread

Week 6

Start Date: July 31th
Previous Part: Week 5
Next Part: Week 7

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Page Count
Week 6 July 31th Chapter 10 + 11 ~28 + ~22

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like

This week felt indeed much shorter. I don’t have much to say, but the author’s habit of hiding from the reader things that the protagonists know is really frustrating >_> We’ll get all the answers next week though!

5 Likes

I feel your frustration. But I do think that the author’s intentions is to give us all of the information that the characters have, and encourage us to come to our own conclusion. It’s the “research” style of writing described in the 解説 for すべてがFになる.

5 Likes

By the way, is anyone keeping track of Saikawa’s cigarette consumption these days? Or are you all as numb to it as I am? :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, no, I’ve completely stopped counting. Saikawa’s a lost cause but I’m worried about Moe now :confused:

3 Likes

Did anyone else find it both hilarious and sad that Saikawa’s omiyage from Canada was a carton of Japanese cigarettes?

5 Likes

せっかくの煙草は台無しじゃないか。。。

Classic Saikawa. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve been super busy, so haven’t finished reading yet :caught_durtling: Almost reached chapter 11.

2 Likes