We salute you API Version 1

I’ve read “API” so many times in this thread that I’m starting to get it confused with IPO or OPA…

3 Likes

Deleting code. The best kind of code change.

16 Likes

Beltalowda

4 Likes

Hi, I have a question does the mobile App ‘Tsurukame’ use API V1?

No, you sign in to Tsurukame with your WaniKani credentials and they handle the API stuff without having to manually enter the key yourself. That is one of the other ways you’ll see services get you to connect your account up.

Always check it’s a legitimate app though; you’ll know if it is because they’ll have a thread here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bye, 10 characters, 10 characters.

18 Likes

So sad. I guess I’ll have to find an alternative to WaniKani Speed for reinforcing the kanji. Any suggestions?

1 Like

F

That’s right, ten characters, ten characters…paticles

@Asteroth
Seems great minds think alike…

2 Likes

Um, THANK YOU for this comment. I hadn’t heard of this app, but just downloaded and it is amazing!

どうも!!

5 Likes

But what does this mean?? I am confusion.

1 Like

I use Tsurukame on my iPhone as a backup to my Android when it’s low on power so it’s really out of date. (Says 659 reviews available. Ha. No WiFi here nor tethering to update it right now).does that mean if I log out and log back in then I’ll have problems?

1 Like

Nothing that’s likely to rock your world, don’t worry.

It’s just that the API (the system that apps and things like wkstats use to get your wanikani info) has changed to a new version and the old one doesn’t work any more. The new one has been our for six months, so most things have changed over or will do very soon.

Firstly, yeah Tsurukame doesn’t keep updated in the background well, so it’ll sometimes tell you that you have hundreds of reviews when you only have 10, until you open the app and it syncs again.

Secondly, nope, you shouldn’t have any issues, as I said above:

So you’ll have no problems. I just tried it myself to double check :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AMERICA EXPLAIN. EXPLAIN. WHAT YOU MEAN AR-KAN-SAW??

All you really need to know is that, per the post, a mobile app you might be using, or some userscripts you might be running, may break. And if none of that applies to you, you don’t have to care :wink:

See also @Joeni’s comment and subsequent conversation

4 Likes

Eeep, \LaTeX doesn’t quote well, I hadn’t considered that when I decided to make those coloured… it’s a good lesson on why you should never try to be fancy :smiley:

2 Likes

nonono. You’re doing this all wrong. blame the platform for poor programming

7 Likes

Ha! Yes, very good point. Stupid Discourse, you can get font code correct, but not include the opening and closing $ for LaTeX code? For shame, Discourse!

5 Likes

Hi, does anyone know if I should tick assignments:start, reviews:create, study_materials:create, study_materials:update or user:update for the API token I’m creating for KaniWani? Do I just tick them all? Does it matter?
Thanks and RIP API Version 1

woa bye bye apiv1 7

6 Likes

It only matters if you want KaniWani to do those things - you can always change that later!

KaniWani won’t create or update your reviews, but study materials could mean adding/editing synonyms which might be useful if it lets you.

@anon14729837 Welcome new level 60 user!

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused with all of that since I’m sort of new in here…
What exactly does it mean? Will the removal of API 1 affect me in any shape or form?

Thanks and have a great day to whoever reads this!