WaniKani website running slow

Am I the only one for whom wanikani is running slow? I mean the actual website, not the content or anything like that. When loading reviews, the animations are very laggy. It could be that I have some extensions installed that are causing lag, but I wanted to check if it’s been happening for anyone else too. Thanks!

3 Likes

at the moment it Is running smoothly over here, but I just got on & my internet is good. You might want to restart modem or go thru your extensions. If it is still going on, try another browser without extensions, it will tell you if that’s the problem.

1 Like

Things are running smoothly for me right now, but I’ve experienced lag in the past. Every time it has happened, it has been because my computer was running slowly that day, and when I solved that problem, WK ran fast for me again.

1 Like

Not slow, but in the past hour or so, when I tried to do lessons, it threw out a Ruby-on-Rails standard error page. After several minutes, it’s now working again. When doing reviews, I lost connection with WK server (connection with other websites was not disrupted), but I was able to finish my reviews anyway. Using latest version Firefox on Windows 10.

7 Likes

Running very slow for me as well atm and I keep losing connection in my reviews :pensive:

8 Likes

Perhaps problems involving Heroku?

Exact same here, Stable Internet but “Lost connection to Wanikani, Refresh?”

6 Likes

Been buggy on my end too.
Got error when I went to do lessons (reload worked)
Got the dropped connection twice (while being active, so just moments after a review)

And a reload fixed it for a while again. So did mange to get all done.
Saw others mention they had minor issues too (in poll thread)
All minor though, but more than usually =)

6 Likes

Yea keep losing connection, can’t finish my pile of reviews :cry:

6 Likes

same here, keep getting disconnected during review

5 Likes

Also keep getting errors. Also, over on mobile last night, the layout was wacky (my profile picture was repeated three times :flushed:).

Plus, when clicking on my profile picture, notifications don’t show at all, it just keeps loading :sob:

2 Likes

Same here, losing connection with Wanikani even though my internet is stable.

2 Likes

Same here, took more than 5 goes to get through 73 reviews. I use my phone rather than laptop, and my Internet is working fine.

2 Likes

same here :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

same, something’s up

2 Likes

Best way to motivate you go tackle your grammar reviews → Wanikani is down :smiley:

5 Likes

Maybe it’s time to reach out to the @Mods about these issues? :eyes:

(though I haven’t had trouble so far)

2 Likes

When I lunch the reviews it says administrators have been warned about the issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flaming Durtles still works but Desktop is a bad experience for me right now.

1 Like