Wanikani Open Framework is Borked

Here is the console output when I load the Wanikani dashboard:

loading pref showConsoleLogs before prefs were initialised, you will not get the correct result  content-script.bundle.js:333:7

Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 116, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “include@moz-extension://39843fc8-1b…” } userscript.html:2:374
script load end userscript.html:459:1
Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 116, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “include@moz-extension://39843fc8-1b…” } userscript.html:2:380
Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 822, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “insertTimeline@moz-extension://3984…” } userscript.html:2:365
Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 116, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “include@moz-extension://39843fc8-1b…” } userscript.html:2:372
Loader for WKHelper running! userscript.html:4:1
Appending WKHelper script… userscript.html:17:3
Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 108, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “@moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e…” } userscript.html:2:388
Unhandled promise rejection Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 233, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “getApiKey/<@moz-extension://39843fc…” } userscript.html:4:38918
loading pref showConsoleLogs before prefs were initialised, you will not get the correct result content-script.bundle.js:333:7
WKHelper running! script.js:1:1
Unhandled promise rejection Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “https://curious-attempt-bunny.githu…”, lineNumber: 48, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: “get_api_key/<@https://curious-attem…” } userscript.html:4:38918
main() userscript.html:421:2
init() start

Corrupted files… ugh.
I think I’d reinstall everything.

1 Like

Happy birthday, @rfindley!!!

2 Likes

Everything? Can I restore files from a backup instead?

I just meant the browser, Tampermonkey, and scripts. Shouldn’t be too bad to reinstall. But you could try restoring backups first.

Ah, I just got Firefox working again after six hours of misery. I sure as heck will not be reinstalling it. It’s totally broken insofar as add-ons are concerned, and Mozilla doesn’t seem interested in fixing their certificate error.

All of Tampermonkey’s scripts seem to be working except for the Wanikani Framework. I’ve tried reinstalling that several times without any luck. I did, however, get it working in Safari this morning. And it works fine in Waterfox.

I reinstalled Tampermonkey and scripts. I restored a working Firefox from a backup. Still no joy. Wanikani Framework does not load—I don’t even get a blink showing that something loaded, then unloaded. I still get the “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED” error in the console.

I reset Tampermonkey to Factory settings and only installed Wanikani Framework. This is what the console looks like after that:

loading pref showConsoleLogs before prefs were initialised, you will not get the correct result content-script.bundle.js:333:7

I then installed a few other scripts, such as Wanikani Overrride and Wanikani Real Numbers. No problem. Then I installed Wanikani Dashboard Progress Plus…and got this message in the console:

Exception { message: “”, result: 2152857611, name: “NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED”, filename: “moz-extension://39843fc8-1b51-734e-…”, lineNumber: 116, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "include@moz-extension://39843fc8-1b…” }

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah stop using firefox, waterfox for the win :blush:

The info I’m seeing on Google points toward corrupted local storage. So maybe try clearing cache. If that doesn’t help, I’d definitely reinstall Firefox (or install Waterfox, apparently :grin:)

Waterfox works fine. It’s Firefox that’s not working. But…considering what a mess Mozilla made of my machine yesterday, I am probably just going to switch to Waterfox.

I got it working by deleting sql stores files and restarting Firefox.

The bar graph numbers are truncated at the top. Is there some way to fix this?

Interesting. Are you zoomed in? You can press ctrl-0 (that’s a zero, not an ‘oh’) to restore the zoom to 100%.

Second guess would be maybe you have Windows font scaling set to 125%, which I’ve never tested.

If restoring zoom doesn’t help, I can track down the line in the code that sets the top label area height.

Nope. Not zoomed in. I am on an iMac.

I can edit the script inside of Tampermonkey if you tell me what to change.

Thanks so much.

Not far from the top of the script:

var graph = {
        elem: null,
        margin: {
            top: 16,
            left: 28,
            bottom: 16,
        },

I think ‘top’ is the one you want to change. Try increasing it to 24.

Alternatively, you can try decreasing the font size:

'#timeline svg .label-x text {text-anchor:start;font-size:0.8em;}'+
   '#timeline svg .label-y text {text-anchor:end;font-size:0.8em;}'+

Try changing the font-size to about 0.6em.

That fixed it!. By the way, .6em gives an error code. I set it to .7em and the top to 24. Looks perfect now!

Thanks so much!

1 Like

The fix was released!
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-disabled-or-fail-to-install-firefox

In Firefox, head to Options --> scroll down to Firefox Updates --> there should be a button to update to 66.0.4 --> click it --> once it’s done installing, restart Firefox.

TAH DAH!

Here’s a fix for earlier versions of Firefox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkspmk/addons_fix_for_5602_older/