WaniKani Notifier Redux - HTTPS Support

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know about WaniKani Notifier Redux, a WK notifier extension for Chrome that I just released. Since both WK notifier extensions for Chrome have been abandoned, I decided to fork t0asterb0t’s extension and tweak it to support HTTPS. I made some slight cosmetic changes as well, but aside from that it has the same functionality.

Download:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wanikani-notifier-redux/objmjhmkpipkgollnfnabdneiihdnafj

I plan on maintaining WaniKani Notifier Redux to keep it in line with whatever future WK site changes may come down the pipe. 
Let me know what you guys think! 

1 Like

works perfectly, thanks.

Awesome!  Thanks a lot!

I made one as well which is a basic HTTPS fix + a little extra function.  I will not commit to maintaining but probably will because I use it.

I will submit it to the store if people want me to, if you just want to try it out: Here

Can you guys confirm that the badge is getting updated regularly? My review intervals are spaced out so far that it’s almost impossible for me to tell if it’s working or not.

Thanks so much for the fork! I was bummed when it stopped working – looking forward to using this version.

It seems to be working okay for me.  As a possible feature update, do you think you could have it update every fifteen minutes instead of either 5 or 10?  That would make it line up with when WakiKani schedules reviews.

I pushed out another update (0.3.2), the review count didn’t seem to update periodically as it should have been, and it wasn’t updating when reviews were completed.

Volfield said…
It seems to be working okay for me.  As a possible feature update, do you think you could have it update every fifteen minutes instead of either 5 or 10?  That would make it line up with when WakiKani schedules reviews.
Why not just set it to “5 minutes” and let it check three times? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot for this. Without the notifier pestering me I tend to ignore the reviews more than I should.

Could you add an option to make the desktop notification auto-close? Perhaps make the timeout user settable?

Jedi22, can you upload your extension to the Chrome Extension store? I’m finding that your app is much more reliable than mine, and until I have time to sit down and revise the one I’ve released I’d like to use yours without Chrome disabling it automatically because it wasn’t installed from the Store.

can you update it to take me to the review page instead of the home page?

How was this topic not auto locked?

2 Likes