WaniKani info panel

I went ahead and made publicly accessible the web widget I’m using. Just go to http://wk.aincrad.cc/ and paste your API key to use it.

Those bright blue/pink items are the ones in your current level, and the yellows are burning chances, so you will know when you’re going to have to sit down and concentrate to make it count. It also looks great in a phone, and you can bookmark the resulting URL so that you don’t have to keep pasting your API key. Tap an item to get its SRS status, as well as links to the item in WK and in jisho.org.

Aaaand now, I see I have some vocabs in my review queue, so please excuse me.

--------------

Changelog:

Version 1.1 (2014/Nov/30)

• [Added] Reload button (forcefully clears the cache)
  • [Added] Enlightened items up for review (burning chances) will be bright yellow
  • [Added] For devs: postMessage reporting of content height when used in iframe (implementation example)
  • [Security] Now your API key will never be stored in the server.
Version 1.0.1 (2014/Nov/23)
  • [Added] Radical representations, including ones missing from Unicode character set.
  • [Fixed] Embarrasing PHP warnings showing up if you haven’t unlocked any kanji or vocabs.
  • [Fixed] Burned items appear as pending review.
Version 1.0 (2014/Nov/23)
  • Initial public release

Known issues:
  • Links to Jisho.org in Mobile Safari make it cough up json for some reason. (Workarounds: copy/paste the character/vocab and go to Jisho.org manually)

1 Like

Wow! Thank you!

Amazing, love it! ^^

Cool!

<3

That is all.

Great job! It looks awesome!

It’s really cool. Especially the “upcoming EXP chances” feature. ^^
I think I’m going to use it everyday ^^

I just have a small issue where all the items that I’ve burned show up in the list.

Very nice!!  Thanks,

To reiterate what thenn42 said, all my burned items are showing up in the “now” review portion of the list.  Otherwise it’s great!!

Lotelia said... Very nice!!  Thanks,

To reiterate what thenn42 said, all my burned items are showing up in the "now" review portion of the list.  Otherwise it's great!!
 If it's true then it will be hard to use :O
(At least for me)

To reiterate what thenn42 said, all my burned items are showing up in the "now" review portion of the list.  Otherwise it's great!!
 Oops, let me fix that. I don't have any myself, so I hadn't seen it.

EDIT: All patched up. Tell me if any other bugs show up!

That’s neat! I have the same problem with all burned items in the “now” list, though.

Also, the radicals show as dots. Is that intentional because of the weird webfont that WK uses for some radicals? Is there any way around it?

Kwami said... That's neat! I have the same problem with all burned items in the "now" list, though.

Also, the radicals show as dots. Is that intentional because of the weird webfont that WK uses for some radicals? Is there any way around it?
 I just fixed the burned items issue. Yes, the radicals show up as dots, and if you click on them, the name of the radical in the info box is "???". If there's a webfont I could use to show the radicals then I'd give it a try, but personally as a user it doesn't bother me too much since comparatively there's not a lot of them.

EDIT: Hey, there is something! Let's have a look.

I have a question now…

Am I correct in assuming that English EXP chances are radicals while kanji EXP chances are well, kanji?

Nosgoroth said...

Oops, let me fix that. I don't have any myself, so I hadn't seen it.

EDIT: All patched up. Tell me if any other bugs show up!
 Awesome.  Works lovely :)

One other thing ... I probably won't be accessing the dictionary from here much, but for others - when I try to follow the dictionary link to jisho.com from mobile (haven't tried desktop - using iPhone 4S/safari) it doesn't load properly.

Radical representation is up in the list (EDIT: and the upcoming EXP chances table) – not in the info window because it’s more pain than it’s worth, frankly. Looking at the dictionary issue.

EDIT: Oookay, it’s definitely the way Webkit is encoding the kanji, but I have no idea why Jisho is returning json. Anyway, this is an issue for another day, it’s time for me to sleep.

This looks really great, good job! :smiley:

I’m getting this errors though Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/nosgoroth/wk.aincrad.cc/wkh.class.php on line 312” above the (No lessons) and (Next review in); “Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/nosgoroth/wk.aincrad.cc/wkh.class.php on line 128” Before the following days info. Hope this helps!

It’s terrific!! Can you tell me what EXP stands for?

EXP = Experience.  It’s a common way of showing how close you are to leveling up in a game.

Since you level up in WK “Upcoming EXP Chances” shows items that will move you closer to the next level if you get them right.  Chances to earn XP (experience points) basically.

Great work!  Any reason for having “Aincrad” in the url?  Just curious…

Shan334 said... Great work!  Any reason for having "Aincrad" in the url?  Just curious...
Not really, just a domain I own. I could have gone with a few others.

sackboy97 said... This looks really great, good job! :D

I'm getting this errors though "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/nosgoroth/wk.aincrad.cc/wkh.class.php on line 312" above the (No lessons) and (Next review in); "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/nosgoroth/wk.aincrad.cc/wkh.class.php on line 128" Before the following days info. Hope this helps!
 Ah, that's embarrasing. Thank you for the debug info, it should be fixed now.