Wanikani in 2020?

hey guys, this is my first time creating a topic, but basically i want to become involved in the forums like all the guides say to but wanikani seems to be kind of a ghost town these days ?? every thread is like 3+ years old, everyone seems to have quit… is there anybody out there ? or do i just not know where to look? anyways hello to anyone that comes across this, i’ve been here about a month but i feel quite alone down here in these lowly levels by myself, feel free to say こんにちは!

edit: i indeed did not know where to look, or how forums work . apologies for having embarrassed myself

8 Likes

The POLL thread is still the place for general conversation. It is a little slow because people have no school or work to avoid right now. :slight_smile:
It seems like the book clubs and such have still been quite active. They are a good thing to get involved in.

And welcome to WK! These ebbs and flows happen once in a while, but things will get busy again here soon.

8 Likes

ah cool! im still trying to navigate the community centre so this was really helpful, thanks !

3 Likes

こんにちは!

hmmmm. i’m still lurking on the daily - but i guess there does deem to be less going on than when I stared. Or potentially just a perception thing? who knows.

Anyway the best was we can keep it active is to keep posting interesting stuff ! So you best keep us updated on your journey to lvl 60 ! :slight_smile:

頑張って

2 Likes

haha i will try … i suppose you’re right about perception. and wow, L47, you’re almost there!!

3 Likes

If you change the title of this thread to something like “wanikani is so slow”, you will suddenly create a rush of activity on the forums. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

24 Likes

lmaoo i can imagine

2 Likes

wait im actually gonna try it out

4 Likes

I didn’t suggest it. :japanese_ogre:

Also, by the way, there are some real Japanese language experts here. If you have good language questions as you study, they are around and will respond.

1 Like

okay cool! no doubt i will have some so i’ll give it a go

1 Like

I saw that other topic but I won’t dare touch it. This has created explosions here before. I will just go study now. :turtle:

1 Like

Some people bump threads.

4 Likes

こんにちは! from another low-level Wanikani-er. You’re not alone!

I haven’t got much to add that hasn’t already been said, but I lurk in the community channel a lot (after completing my reviews, of course :durtle_noice:), and I’ve noticed that a lot of the older threads still have some good conversation going on, so even if the thread was started 3+ years ago, if it hasn’t been locked it’s still worth throwing your twopenny’s worth in.

3 Likes

hahaha have fun 勉強 ing

はい、オストラリア人です! oi oi oi! how did you know?

Okay time to make this the most active thread of all time

4 Likes

I am so confused. The forums are more active than ever

15 Likes

Just going to the main page of the forums it shows me 20+ new posts made in the past hour alone. So, uh, no offense but I’m not sure what you’re on about. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

i suppose ur l60 so youve seen it all. i believe your wisdom :relieved:

:flushed: sorry im new idk, ig i dont know where to look, thanks helpful durtle

2 Likes

vOa1dY

23 Likes