Navigation

Anyone know how to navigate here

what do you mean?

I’ve been using wani kani for months now; it’s quite cool. But the community navigation is all over the place. I mean what happens in community and what are polls and stuff? A synopsis would help. I think Understanding the community may help me make the best use of it! With all the good people here (◍•ᴗ•◍)

2 Likes

Polls are simple. Open the thread, scroll to the bottom, change the thread settings from “Normal” to “Muted.” Boom, all set.

23 Likes

On the top is the categories drop down menu. I always switch it to the “latest” option

The forum is for all kinds of things! You will find book clubs here, and Japanese questions here, as well as people just talking about random things. The poll thread is like that. It is a very lighthearted thread about all kinds or things and sometime people post polls about stuff, which means you can vote on what you prefer!

2 Likes

Every subforum also has a pinned thread at the top that talks about what that particular subforum is used for. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You don’t even need to scroll to the bottom, you can mute using the bell by the scroll bar :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My guide

Wanikani section: trouble shooting and asking questions about how to use the site.

Japanese:

Japanese language and goals. Lots of progress tacking forums, help guides and Book clubs to explore.

Campfire:
Anything

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I have an idea of what happens here. Thanks all! Surely excited in joining y’all in 日本語!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Or, even better, open the thread and click

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the WaniKani community!

These forums are hosted by Discourse. Originally, if you made an account, you would receive an automatic private message from the Discourse bot that would bring you through an interactive tutorial of the forums. Unfortunately, private messages have since been disabled here.
However, you can still make a temp account in the Discourse sandbox/demo

where you can still go through the forum tutorial.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am all set. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.