WaniKani Content Additions: Ongoing from April 29, 2021

You can do it from their profile page. (Image is just an example)

4 Likes

Faaaantastic. Thank you.

Oh, never mind. “This user’s public profile is hidden.”

Is there another way?

You may have to page the @mods then or send an email. Kinda weird that you’re unable to do that for a private profile.

Seems like an oversight.

1 Like

This was apparently off-topic. In any case, the decision of whether to merge 痛める with 傷める is up to the WK team. If they do end up merging them, that’ll be a boon for two of my annoying leeches, at least. I hope I didn’t annoy anyone too much over the course of this thread.

3 Likes

@Zeiosis @xplo Give it a rest, both of you. This is unnecessary. And as an additional reminder, you have the option to drop out of conversations you do not want to participate in anymore if you feel they are not getting anything productive out of it, or for any other reason.

7 Likes

You can mute or ignore users here:
https://community.wanikani.com/my/preferences/users
Keep in mind that if you ignore people, you may occasionally see awkward situations where people seem to be talking to themselves. Up to you to decide whether it’s worth it.

You can also mute a specific topic of course, though sometimes you may still want to follow a topic even when it goes on a tangent for a bit. It’s annoying, but it happens. (I’ll be honest, I was very close to muting this topic due to this back and forth discussion.)

4 Likes

There’s a mistake in the meaning explanation for 人里.

A person’s hometown is a human habitation, or a village. This word is has a slightly old-fashioned feel, and it’s usually used for small villages in the countryside.

4 Likes

Thank you! Fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition to (そろ)う and (つな)ぐ, (つな)がる which I have always been pushing for,
I think that (にら)む (to glare at, to stare at), as well as (のぞ)く(to peek into) and their respective kanjis will also make fine additions to the database. Seem to come across them pretty often recently.

14 Likes

Yeah, that would be nice, although I have to admit that I probably already remember those words just because I see them so often :wink:

2 Likes

You’re no ordinary learner, that’s why :wink:

1 Like

Yup u encounter those all of the time

As the local Redglare around here, I glare in support of this suggestion :eyes: :eyes:

5 Likes

Suggestions duly noted, thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

I found that 本質(ほんしつ) accepted “quality” for the meaning. Is that on the allow list or is it because it’s close to the meaning “reality?” @Mods

This is because it’s close to “reality”. Added “quality” to the block list :+1:

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

起こす has a somewhat misleading meaning mnemonic, saying “you’re doing the waking up”, which would be the same with “to wake up”. Probably something like “But you’re waking someone else” or similar could work better

3 Likes

This week’s additions and other changes:

Added

• Level 34: 里芋 (さといも) - taro
  • Level 58: 菅原 (すがはら, すがわら) - Sugahara, Sugawara
  • Level 58: (しゃく) - pouring alcohol
  • Level 58: 酌量 (しゃくりょう) - making allowances
  • Level 59: 詠歌 (えいか) - poem
  • Level 59: 詠嘆 (えいたん) - exclamation

Moved

• Level 58: (kanji) - moving up to level 60 to reflect how advanced and uncommon it is.

Hidden

• Level 58: 媒酌 - this word is obscure, we have enough other words to practice this reading of 媒, and we’ve addedand 酌量 to practice this reading of 酌.

:blush:

18 Likes