Vocabulary lists

Hi guys, first time using the community feature, realy happy to be here !
I was wondering if there is a way to export a clean list of the vocabulary and kanji I’ve learned, im learning, in an excel sheets or something like that.

Thanks for your help ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From the code remove the second .filter line to get all words learned sofar

4 Likes

I normally open that Dev Tools with Inspect Element.

For Kanji, that would be .object = "kanji"; and "radical" for Radical

wkof.include("ItemData")
wkof.ready("ItemData").then(async () => {
  const items = await wkof.ItemData.get_items({wk_items: {filters: {level:"1..+0"}}});
  console.log(items
    .filter(x => x.object === "vocabulary")
    .map(x => x.data.meanings.map(m => m.meaning).join(", ") + ";" + x.data.characters + ";" + x.data.readings.map(r => r.reading).join(", "))
    .join("\n"));

console.log(items
    .filter(x => x.object === "kanji")
    .map(x => x.data.meanings.map(m => m.meaning).join(", ") + ";" + x.data.characters + ";" + x.data.readings.map(r => r.reading).join(", "))
    .join("\n"));

console.log(items
    .filter(x => x.object === "radical")
    .map(x => x.data.meanings.map(m => m.meaning).join(", ") + ";" + (x.data.characters || x.data.character_images[0].url))
    .join("\n"));
})

It’s also possible to annotate Kun and On readings.

Anyway, Kudo to @rfindley to making this easy without touching an IDE (for programming environment), and API key.

1 Like

Categorizing by Apprentice-Guru-Master-Enlightened-Burn and Leech seems to be complex. I might be able to figure out with API somehow (e.g. with /assignments); but using wkof might be more complex and specific.

wkstats is pretty much the easiest shortcut for the time being.

Yes, easiest way is to use the Item Inspector script and simply export the items. You can decide in what format, what meta info you want to have etc. It’s a highly versatile and useful userscript that helps you do self-study of the things you learn on WK.

it can be found here: (note the OP post has a ton of instructions on how to use the script).

Good luck with your studies!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.