Items added to Wanikani from 2020 to now

Hello fellow turtle enjoyers,

I am making good progress on my Wanikani journey, currently being level 37. As I am slowly transitioning from Wanikani to Anki, I have found a great deck which seems to make things much easier. However, the deck is slightly outdated with the last update being on December 2019. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a way to access a list of every word/kanji/radical that has been added to Wanikani since the beginning of 2020?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

It’s available in the API. In particular, wkof can fetch them in the DevTools console (F12 / Inspect Element).

await wkof.include('ItemData')
await wkof.ready('ItemData')
var items = await wkof.ItemData.get_items()
items.filter(it=>it.data.created_at.split('-', 1)[0] >= '2020') // 345 items

About that shared Anki deck, it’s an outright copyright infringement. I think it is ok to create an Anki deck from the API, but not to share it.

Seeing that you have gone beyond Level 30, I would recommend learning vocabularies with Yomichan instead.

If you want to learn by Kanji, look up the Kanji in Kanjipedia or Weblio, then add/unsuspend vocabularies as appropriate.

I continued beyond WaniKani with Core 10k, CoreNai, and then beyond Level 60, for a reason.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I will have a look at the API to get the data.