I’m planning for this extension to handle every possible WK review font modification need that could arise eventually. For now it supports 2 features:
- Using fonts from Google Fonts in an integrated way
- Changing the size of the font.
After installing the extension, the menu in the top left corner of the screen will gain an additional button:
Clicking this will open up a dialog (if you’ve been following what I was doing in the last couple of weeks, this was a shocker for you):
Under “Google Fonts” you can pick and choose, exactly which fonts should be able to appear during reviews. Attention: Not all fonts work for every single kanji, some fonts are for example just hentaigana fonts. If a specific kanji is not included in a given font, the original wil appear as a fallback.
My personal favourite is the DotGothic16 (2nd from the top).
Below that you can change the minimum and maximum font size. The words will appear with a random size in that range. To give a rough idea, mangas tend to have a font size of around 20, but for example the DotGothic16 should handle font sizes as low as 16.
Example of the script working:
Now, read that if you can.
The script also works in extra study mode and during lessons.
If you are not sure what a given character/word is, hover over it and it will return to its original self. Are you a keyboard warrior? Then just hold down Alt
- Save presets: would be great if you could save a preset and bring it to a new computer
- Use installed fonts and fonts from other sources: google fonts nowadays has a great selection, I would say there is about 20 unique fonts, but would be nice if one could use installed fonts
- Enable/Disable font changes in the different study modes.
- Make it possible to have the same font and size for the parts of a pair.
If you notice something that isn’t working how you think it should or you have a feature idea/request, feel free to include it in a reply, preferably with a screenshot if you can. (if not applicable, favourite cat pic works as well)