[Userscript] WK lesson cherry-picker

WK lesson cherry-picker

This userscript lets you choose which new words from your lessons pile you want to start learning.

I created this script because I use WK to learn new kanjis and to prepare for JLPT N4.
I do not intend to ever speak Japanese very well, so I feel like WK is making me learn too many words.
With this script, I can browse new lessons, check their JLPT level and other infos on jisho.org, and decide if I want to learn the word.

Requires WK open framework.
Download this script.

Features

• You can click on the big “LEARN” button on the vocabulary page in order to move this specific word from the lesson to the review queue.
  • There is also a button that redirects you to the jisho.org page for this word, so that you can see the JLPT level and complete definition of the word.

Installation instructions

1. Install the script.
  2. Generate an API token from this page in WK settings with assignments:start permission.
  3. Go to any vocabulary page that is in your lesson queue.
  4. Click the LEARN button.
  5. Input the token when asked for it. It is stored in WK Open Framework local db so you will have to do it only once.

There should be no bugs at least with Tampermonkey, on Brave browser (Chromium), on Win10. Please tell me if you find any.

4 Likes

This is a dangerous tool. :sweat_smile:

Indeed, but not having it may be even more dangerous! If I had not created it, I would probably have stopped using WK altogether. It felt very boring to me to have to learn new words in a fixed order without necessarily any desire to do so, and to be blocked in my progress if I don’t.

2 Likes

Right when I was looking for a tool like this !
(I’m considering to keep learning Kanji and quit learning Vocabulary on WK at lv 30 :slight_smile:)
Thanks a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like