[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

Sorry, scratch that. Today, I am ze stupid. I hadn’t yet switched because I hadn’t written down the pages I were on. :joy: It is as you say, the Item inspector remember even if I switch back and forth…Sorry for bothering you so much. :pensive:

gomenasai

1 Like

As for what I’m doing, is I’m going through the items and taking notes on the ones I fail. I’ve started a list of sorts for that as I don’t believe that merely quizzing them will cut it. ^^; (of course, I’ll only do this for common words. Some of the stuff WK teach us is probably less relevant to fully master).

1 Like

In this case there is a filter that may help you in this task. You need to install an optional filter called Kanjidic2/Traditional Radicals.

• Go to the Settings tab.
  • In the Optional Filters select Kanjidic2/Traditional Radicals.
  • Save your settings and refresh your browser.

This will cause a few more filters to show up in your settings. The one that may interest you is called Explicit List.

This filter lets you type in the items you want to be selected by the filter. You may save your list in a file and load the file in the filter at a later time, This way you may save your list and get quizzed on them or you may study them by using the popup method as you see fit.

1 Like

I am running this on my chromebook now and am getting this error:

Cannot read property 'currentItem' of undefined.

and it is happening in line 2 of this function (starting with currentItem = )

function initCurrentItem(){
        currentItem = quiz.settings.tablePresets[quiz.settings.active_ipreset].currentItem;
        if (currentItem == undefined){currentItem = 0; nextCurrentItem = 0;};
        nextCurrentItem = quiz.settings.tablePresets[quiz.settings.active_ipreset].nextCurrentItem;
        if (nextCurrentItem == undefined){nextCurrentItem = currentItem;};
        nbItems = 3 * quiz.settings.numberOfLines;
    }

Anyone else running into this?

1 Like

It seems the settings data for the current table got corrupted. Either the table was deleted but still be pointed at or the table is still present with invalid data.

You should try going to the settings and try delete the current table and create it again.

1 Like

@prouleau Ok I’m back in business. The .active_ipreset was somehow one higher than the highest table preset. I manually went in with dev tools and bumped it down one and got the UI to show up, then was able to use normally.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am glad you got it fixed. I am at loss at why .active_ipreset got an invalid value. No one else seems affected by this.

1 Like

No worries, probably something I did to get it in a weird state. If it happens again and it (highly unlikely) is a valid use case, I’ll let you know. Otherwise, let’s just chalk it up to it being me :slight_smile: Thanks, and excellent tool :+1:

1 Like

Finally got to your reply form days ago and it’s a great one! As usual! You’re amazing, really! I mean it. :purple_heart: I’m checking to see if I have the extra scrips and then I’m definitely following this method. Much better than my crude list idea! :+1:

1 Like

hey, hey, I keep getting the font popup.

Not sure what’s up. I use Edge 89.0.774.68 (64-bit).

:slight_smile:

Edit: Just in case it needs to be said, yes, I have installed the font already :P.

Based on the console messages Item Inspector detects the font as not installed. Have you tried exiting the browser and restarting it again? This has solved this kind of problem for me.

If this fails then perhaps the font install procedure didn’t work for you. What worked for me is

• Download the font file KanjiStrokeOrders_v4.004.ttf
  • Once downloaded double click it.
  • Then the font got automatically installed.
  • Then existing the browser and restart it again.

Restarting worked, thanks!

Edit: i was going to go into the script and try and disable the pop-up somehow :joy:.

1 Like

For your information the procedure to disable the popup is documented in this thread top post under “What If You Don’t Install the Prerequisites?”

1 Like

Version 1.20.6 is out - Download it at the link in the top post.

Fixes a pair of bugs affecting audio mode

• Now the popup will show up when in audio mode
  • No more spurious errors at the console when trying to play audio for vocabulary items without audio.
1 Like

Wonder if I did something wrong. (Besides having those leeches xD)

1 Like

This is weird. It looks like it was installed and run twice. Do you have some corruption of your Tampermonkey data?

1 Like

You made me check the Dashboard and it was indeed installed twice with the same ID o.o

I didn’t know that could happen. Thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t know that either. I suspect a corruption in your Tampermonkey data or whatever script manager you use. It should be installed only once, otherwise some corruption in your Item Inspector settings and other data may happen.

is there a way to filter leeches from the last X hours? Want to use a filter to only show leeches from the last week at any given time.

“failed review” doesn’t work because it will remove the item form the list if i get it right again.

What do you mean by leech from last week? Do you mean the item turned into a leech during last week and was not a leech before that? If this is the case I am afraid you ask for the impossible. The leech information does not keep track of when an item turns into a leech so we cannot filter on this basis.