[Userscript] Reorder Omega

Sounds somewhat like event handlers being applied multiple times.

2 Likes

@chrisl17 Thanks for the report! And thanks @Sinyaven for figuring out how to replicate it.

This should now be fixed in 1.0.7

Turns out that my settings variable in the script was getting decoupled from the true settings when you hit cancel, so when you opened the settings again it was stuck on the old settings. Silly mistake on my end

2 Likes

@Kumirei, the reordering seems to have broken again after updating from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 (and still remains broken in 1.0.7). It reorders once at startup, but after that items are not reordered again. 1x1 mode does still seem to be working though. I’m not currently getting any errors in the console.

1 Like

I made a change to the 1x1 feature (it no longer wraps Math.random) in order to avoid causing issues with other scripts, and the active queue now works as intended. For the independent version of the feature that is a good thing, however, I see how that would cause the active queue to appear unsorted (as the next item is chosen randomly). In the Omega version of the feature I will make it always pick the next item

Should be fixed in 1.0.8

1 Like

I think the sorting works now, but I’m experiencing another bug instead now. It seems that 1x1 mode will now give you answer types you already answered. For example, I just did a reading review, and immediately after it gave me another reading review for the same item instead of the corresponding meaning review. Once both types are answered it does move on to the next item though.

(I’m currently on my 5th consecutive reading prompt for 促す, the 6th one seems to be a meaning prompt now, it’s a 50/50 chance it seems) :grin:

1 Like

Ah, good catch, I was a bit too liberal when removing the stuff not needed in this version of 1x1.

Let’s try again with 1.0.9

1 Like

That seems to have fixed it, everything is working again :grin:

1 Like

@Kumirei You magnificent wonderful human being :heart:

Loving the script a lot.

2 Likes

This is hilarious to me for some reason. “Are you sure that’s the reading?”

2 Likes

Still getting an issue with the settings menu where when I click between presets it doesn’t update the list of actions that are supposed to be asociated with said presets. In the case of the screenshot it should have “Sort by item type, sort by SRS, sort by overdue” in the list but it’s keeping the “Sort by level” from the preset below.

This happens for several of the presets but some of them always load/update correctly. I’m also seeing a number of the same bugs that I mentioned last time, such as being unable to reorder actions within a preset. It also occasionally loads completely blank like this:

1 Like

Will look at this tomorrow

I cannot replicate this. Can you confirm that you are on the latest version? (1.0.9) And if you are, could you see if you can figure out how to replicate either behaviour? Any errors in the console?

@Kumirei, I think I found another bug related to yesterday’s, I’m getting reading reviews for radicals now:

Maybe I should try ドラゴン :grin:

2 Likes

Added a check for radicals in 1.0.10 thumb

1 Like

I am on the newest version, yes. And it’s quite easy for me to replicate on my end, but I assume it won’t work for you.

What I’m doing is I’m opening settings and clicking through the different presets. When I do that I get the first of these “Uncaught TypeError” issues:
The second pops up when I try to move certain actions up and down the list in the lower window, using the arrow keys.

Let me know if there’s something else to investigate on my end. I only know the basics of coding so I haven’t bothered clicking on the individual lines where the issues are.

1 Like

What other scripts do you have installed? Is it always the same preset that gives you the error? What actions do you have in that preset?

These are the scripts I have installed:
Doesn’t seem like that’s the issue though, since it happens even when they’re all turned off.

For both issues, it’s not always the same preset that does it, no. Some presets seem fine, but others “inherit” (only visually or not idk) the actions from the last-clicked preset when I click on them. Same thing with the action reordering: some presets that have multiple actions let me move them around, whereas others (like the Speed Demon preset for example), throw errors and refuse to move when I try to move the top item lower. It doesn’t seem to matter what actions I have in the preset, given that it’s an issue with self-created presets as well as default presets, which have different actions.

If I had to guess I’d say that multiple presets are being considered part of the same preset, such that moving down the list is trying to move down actions within a preset instead of loading the next, or such that reordering the actions is confusing the program because nearby presets only have one item in the list and therefore can’t move it down? This is all guesswork because I don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes, but from a user perspective things are linked together in ways they shouldn’t be.

1 Like

You know what, could you install this script then export your settings for Omega and share it here?

1 Like

Here’s my settings. Hopefully it helps. They’re probably a mess since I haven’t been able to get them how I want them.

1 Like

Turns out there was an issue with your settings, I believe caused by a bug that I already fixed. If you copy the settings from this paste and import them using the Settings Importer it should work again

https://pastebin.com/raw/hb2G1DdY

1 Like