[Userscript] Reorder Omega

Oh, interesting. So even though the bug itself was patched, the options were faulty based on it and remained? Thanks for the clean paste.

1 Like

As I’ve noticed Reorder Omega slows down the page quite a bit and also occasionally swallows an ENTER keypress (so that I’m forced to for example press it 2-3 times for it to work), I’d like it to only run on the extra study pages and not in reviews/lessons.
I’ve tried just removing reviews/lessons from the @include at the top of the script but it’s still running on those pages. Is there any way to get it to only run on extra study pages (and the dashboard I assume)?
Thanks!

1 Like

I am sorry you’re having that experience, for me it’s not slowing it down at all (only initial load by a tad).
If you replace the @include statement with /^https://(www|preview).wanikani.com/((dashboard)?$|((extra_study)/session))/ it should only show up on the extra study page and dashboard

Would you mind sharing which other scripts you are running so that I can see if I can track down the issue? And what browser are you on?

Ah - I was missing the $. Thanks!
Don’t get me wrong, the script is great! It’s just when using it, apart from the initial load (which is fine, it’s barely any slower than without it), during the reviews when continuing to the next word it feels more sluggish (don’t have any proof, just how it feels. I’ve tested with and without quite a bit though, so I’m pretty sure I’m not imagining it!), and more importantly around 1 in 15 ENTER keypresses to continue to the next word don’t register, and I have to press it at least 3-4 times until it finally works (for this I’ve done around 100 reviews with and 100 without Omega, without it it hasn’t happened at all, with it it’s happened at least 8-10 times). Here’s my scripts:

If you can track down the issue it would be amazing, and feel free to ask for any more info you could need. But if not don’t worry, I can manage to just use it for extra study :smile:

EDIT: I’m using Brave Browser!

1 Like

Do you have a lot of reviews due? I am not taking advantage of some caching that WK would normally provide, but I think that would only be noticeable when you have more than 100 reviews pending. It’s quite a lot of effort to fix though, so it’s not on my list right now. What is really bothering me is your issue with pressing enter

1 Like

Ah - I’d missed a few days and had over 500 reviews due. Indeed I was about to reply again saying that it doesn’t feel as sluggish any more - probably because I’m down to around 100 now!
I’m going to try to replicate the key press issue again and check the console, I didn’t think to do that before.

1 Like

Well, I noticed you released an update 40 min ago, so I updated the script, and either that or simply having fewer reviews in the queue have seemingly fixed the enter key problem, it’s stopped happening.
Maybe it was just that having so many reviews was slowing it down enough to somehow cause issues with the enter keypress? No idea…
I’ll let you know if it happens again!

1 Like

That update was just to add the $ that I had missed in the @include statement

That is interesting. Have you used Omega’s self study feature at all? Does it happen there too?

Yes, it does actually! And I get this error:

Also, while testing it I’ve come across seemingly a different bug: with a preset which only has a Filter for Has Burned, I’ve got a Guru item (結果). Maybe this error is related?

EDIT: The non-burned issue is maybe limited to just the first item? It hasn’t happened again since…

1 Like

Can you tell me which item it happens on?

That error is always there for Self Study, but it doesn’t cause any problems. It stems from Self Study itself being a bit of a hack

1 Like

That happened on the first item I got - 結果. Starting again however it hasn’t happened… Testing some more…

EDIT: I got another Guru item at the start, and the enter key problem didn’t happen. So doesn’t seem to be related to that…

1 Like

Ah - it happened again. In reviews, with 熱 (reading, enlightened). Same error as before.

Seems like quite the mysterious bug!

I’m still not sure as to the conditions for replicating it - it seems very random. I’m trying now with all other scripts disabled to see if it happens then.

EDIT: Yes, it’s happening even with only Omega and Framework enabled…

1 Like

Thank you for helping me look into this. I don’t quite have time to look at it right now, but I will hopefully get to it in a couple of days. It might very well have to do with the caching.

1 Like

Quick question - when using a preset that filters by burned, even if I don’t shuffle them (after the filter), will they be in a random order? Or would it be better to add a shuffle?

1 Like

For Self Study I always shuffle items by default, so you should be good. Think of is as a shuffle action always being the first action in self study

1 Like

Minor bug: When I’m doing lessons and sort by vocab first, the quick links at the bottom still retain the kanji symbols that were first loaded.

Also, a feature request: I really appreciated the radical, kanji, and vocab remaining counters in the upper right corner on Ultimate.

Thanks for all your effort making WK a bit more user friendly!

1 Like

That’s interesting, last I was testing lessons that was working! I’ll have a look at it when I get the chance, hopefully within a couple of days, but we’ll see

Aren’t those native to Wanikani? Or are you saying they aren’t working?

1 Like

Upon further testing, you are correct, they are native to WK. However, something in the Omega script is suppressing them or displacing them.

Counters are visible when I switch back to Ultimate Reorder. I tested with no scripts enabled and the counters were visible. Then I tested with just Omega and WK Open Framework, and the counters were not visible.

1 Like

Very strange! I will look into it when I get the time

1 Like

No intent of rushing you, just an update: very occasionally it doesn’t work however many times I press enter, although that seems to be limited to only when it’s the first item in a self-study session (and I admittedly haven’t given it more than around 2-3 minutes). The rest of the time it tends to work within a few presses (5-15 seconds).
I also checked that it wasn’t specifically my computer, and it’s not, it happened on my phone with Kiwi Browser as well.
As I say, take your time (irl always comes first!), I just thought I should especially mention the fact that it doesn’t seem to be a problem local to my PC :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like