Usescript to prioritize/reorder reviews of most-recently failed items?

I can easily find that there two popular addons that reorder based on level or “overdue” items, but is there an addon that reorders and prioritzes based off of items that you most recently failed and reviewed? For example, if you have a deficit of 750 reviews, is there such an addon that would place an item that you fail to the front of that 750 queue whenever it becomes available for review again, rather than getting lost randomly in the mix of 750?

2 Likes

You can get pretty close with Reorder Omega and and the “failed last review” additional filter. If you install this script below you can use the filters it installs in filter actions in Reorder Omega. To use it to sort instead of filter you first filter then “freeze & restore”, and you’ll have all the items from the filter first, and then the rest.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try this!

2 Likes

Let me know if you need any help setting up the preset. Omega is very versatile, but can be confusing

2 Likes

Indeed, I still don’t know how to properly use it lol.
Well, I managed to get it to do what I was wanting when I installed it so I’m fine, but I could never replicate it now.

1 Like

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I thought I had it right but it didn’t seem to be doing what I intended. I created a preset with two steps. First step was a “Filter” step for “Failed Last Review” set at 48 for the last 48 hours, with the “invert filter” left unchecked. Then the second step was a freeze and restore step. Set the preset to reviews and didn’t seem to do anything. Any ideas?

1 Like

Did you also set it as the active preset? You do this either in the first tab ob the Omega settings or to the left during a review session

Yup, tried that and also would try activating different presets on the left dropdown menu – the reviews would reset when doing this so I know it’s working in that sense but doesn’t seem to be providing the actual specified function when active.

1 Like

Ok, so what exactly are you seeing and what are you expecting to see?

When I activate the preset, there’s seemingly no difference to what reviews appear when no preset is selected, but I’d expect to see any reviews that failed in the last 48 hours come up first.

1 Like

If you don’t use the “Freeze & Restore” action you should only be getting items that you have failed. Perhaps doing that might help you figure out what is going on. It sounds like Omega itself is working as it should, however…

I suppose it’s also possible that the filter is not working as you expect. Perhaps @seanblue would know more about that

1 Like

That is not quite what the filter does. It filters items where the last review failed in the last 48 hours. That mean if you fail a review 47 hours ago and then succeed a review for the same item 24 hours ago this item will not be filtered because the last review is a success.

1 Like

Ahh got it. Do you know of any script to add a filter which does this, place most recently failed items into a filter?

1 Like

I don’t think there is such a filter. As far as I know “Failed Last Review” is the closest there is.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll see if I can put together one quickly using the review_cache…

@daviesjon Try this. Adds filter for last X failed reviews as well as failed within X hours. Note that this script will download ALL of your reviews the first time you load it, so it might take a while (unless you already use the Heatmap).

2 Likes

@daviesjon did you have time to try this out today?

Hey! I did actually. Yesterday, it seemed that having the filter script enabled would cause the reviews to load endlessly until timing out. However, I tried it again today and it seems to be working as intended! Maybe it just needed to load the reviews first as you mentioned? Though I do already have heatmap installed so not sure. Either way, seems good to go now, so thank you for making this!

1 Like