Because life is too short to be searching for the same two posts every day
Editing a post should be redoable, still, use this script at your own risk.
This challenge is a companion script to the Read Every Day Challenge threads. It’s meant to automate the daily progress updates that you have to do if you follow along.
The scripts automatically increments your completed day counter in the second post and if you’ve linked one there, it will update the checkmark in your homepost. Alongside these, it will copy-paste a template into your reply box so you don’t need to copy it yourself.
The script assumes the following:
- you have a number included next to your name in the progress table that represents the number of days included
- (Optional) you have your homepost linked somewhere in the same row, either behind your name or anywhere on that line
- If you do, the homepost should have the default calendar template as your calendar
Templates can use variables, so they can automatically fill in for example the day number you’re on.
Day $$dayNum$$ / [Calendar]($$homePost$$)
Variables are always words wrapped in 4 dollarsigns.
- $$dayNum$$ * - the current day of the challenge, based on your personal calendar
- $$homePost$$ * - a link to your homepost
- $$month$$ - the full (English) name of the current month
- $$shortMonth$$ - the short (3 letter) (English) name of the current month
- $$dayOfMonth$$ - the day of the month we’re on
Variables marked with a * only work if you have a homepost set
By default you have a template set (mine, shameless, I know), but you should set your own. To do this, open the reply panel and write your template. After you’re done, just press the “save template” button in the top right.
To complete the day, just press the “Add Day” button located next to the reply button at the bottom.
Is your personal workflow not supported? Reply with the details of it and I might add it if I have the time on my hand. Did you find a bug? Also leave a reply about it and I’ll fix it as soon as possible.