[Userscript] Hide review accuracy

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

This is just a quick little thing I made for myself and decided I would share. This script removes the thumbs up/accuracy percentage in the top right of the window during review sessions. The reason I made this is so that when I’m having a bad review session I won’t constantly look there and get disappointed from seeing my low accuracy.
Link to the script is here: Hide Review Accuracy

23 Likes

This reminds me that I’ve always wanted a “show more digits after the decimal” script.

4 Likes

I can take a look at that soon and see how doable that would be.

I want both of these

1 Like

Thanks! This script helped me focus. I’ve just added this script to The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps under Reviews.

3 Likes

Hi @RysingDragon I installed this but I still see my review score after every review session!

It only hides it in the review session itself, not the post-review screen. I could probably do something about that as well if needed, but why would you want that? The reason I made the original functionality was because I often got frustrated if I was doing poorly and saw the percentage much lower than usual. It made it so I can focus on just reviews and not worry about that.

1 Like

I see! I guess my eye doesn’t notice the changing percentage during the session - thanks for getting back to me!

That would be good, but I’d really prefer it in base 2i.

I’ve been putting a piece of blue tape over my laptop screen to cover my accuracy for a dozen levels before discovering this.

4 Likes

Thanks for this

1 Like

Hi, my reviews have been showing accuracy again since a few days ago, is there going to be a fix for the script?

I have the same problem and after a quick look I found out that the class name from the thumbs up element has changed from “icon-thumbs-up” to “fa-thumbs-up”. You can fix it yourself, if you replace the class name in line 13.

3 Likes

That worked, thanks!

Hey there! Sorry for the late response. I haven’t actually used WaniKani in years, and only somewhat occasionally check the forums. I just posted a new update with the fix @PvtNoob described, thank you for that btw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Probably the most useful userscript in WK.

Before using this I was always glancing in the corner at accuracy, and if I got a “bad” typo I would go back and cheat my answer (with to stay above 90% or whatever.

But lately I noticed that those items I cheated on come back and I don’t know them, so they fall back to Apprentice :frowning:

With this script I ignore accuracy completely and can focus on the important part. If I don’t know a word I don’t know it and let the SRS do the work.

Any chance this is going to get updated to work with the new WaniKani?

I’ve hacked up my local copy of the script to make it work for me, but I’d love to hear that this script is getting updated soon.

2 Likes

Can u post the code you used? I tried to get my own version working but i broke the review info button in the process somehow.

With the caveats that this is the first I’ve touched Javascript in a long while and I only know this “works for me”, here you go:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Hide Review Accuracy
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1.2
// @description  Hide the review accuracy in the top right during review sessions
// @author       RysingDragon
// @match        https://www.wanikani.com/subjects/review
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    var percentCorrect = document.querySelector('[title="percentage correct"]');
    percentCorrect.parentNode.removeChild(percentCorrect);
})();```

It didn’t work for me so I asked ChatGPT to modify sctooker’s code and now it works

So here is the code I use now :

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Hide Review Accuracy
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1.2
// @description  Hide the review accuracy in the top right during review sessions
// @author       RysingDragon
// @match        https://www.wanikani.com/subjects/review
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
    'use strict';
    var percentCorrect = document.querySelector('[title="percentage correct"]');
    if (percentCorrect) {
        percentCorrect.style.display = 'none';
    }
});