Upcoming WaniKani downtime

The upgrade went way faster than expected. I’ll take it.

11 Likes

The answer is: Just coming in at around 15 minutes, you should be all good to go now :+1:

How we doing?

7 Likes

I’ve managed to stave off the impeding sense of dread and shall now go do my reviews in utter ecstasy.

that was the dumbest sentence i’ve ever written

5 Likes

That was … fast… It’s already up again?

3 Likes

The Crabigator and the cult team appreciate your dedication and perseverance.

7 Likes

Yes indeed, we’re back :up:

11 Likes

And I appreciate you all for creating and maintaining such a great site! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, we are back up and running.

We gave you what the Hobbit movies should have been instead of the trilogy.

20 Likes

Thank you very much :heart::heart:

Oh wow that was fast! Thanks for the update :v:

1 Like

lol, that was faster than I would realize. Thanks for your hard work as always.

1 Like

I think the cloud services gods either assigned us some great hardware during the rollout or they gave us crappy hardware during our dry runs :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

The sheer power of many thousand nerds desperate for reviews and lessons turned on the N2O on the server farm.

7 Likes

I am traveling atm, but more importantly, still have I pile of lessons. I won’t feel even slightly “finished” until I guru this final batch.

Here’s hoping it goes as well, but it will take me a bit longer than 15 minutes.

Glad it went all well, hope the logs also show no errors that could lead to future problems.

If you want to become a Manager try something like this instead:

The expected downtime of about ~4 Hours was based on what our competitors usually need. But thanks to our internal management, good infrastructure, and our developers taking over hours for dry runs to make sure everything goes well. We achieved and astonishing time. Also one big factor was our current hardware, as the industry keeps evolving so must we, I already would like to mention that we need about 500000$ to improve our systems even more at the end of the year.

PS. (That 500000 Euro thing really happened, I just sat right next to the manager while he requested that kind of money for RAM and SSD’s. Almost fell of the chear while he was talking.

Well note to myself, Heroku is, as thought, unpredicatble, and nothing I will never ever lay my hands on it.

2 Likes

I forgot about the schedule maintenance and I tried to use flaming durtles, it appeared like I was in level 1 and everything had disappeared, and yesterday I renew my year subscription and I thought there was some influence on it,

goosebumps for a second

after 3 database reset, the app is working fine.

phew

2 Likes

Not boring at all to a former sysadmin - especially now that I’m retired and someone else has to stay up all night… :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of your hard work, I enjoy Wanikani immensely.

3 Likes

Any chance of adding the review screen after going through the flash cards or is it intended that the review screen is gone?

1 Like

I’m afraid that it is intended, yes. The review screen was removed in the recent re-design. You can find a couple of scripts that replicate the function somewhat, this one in particular may be what you’re looking for:

Also, since this is your first post!

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

Even if you’ve been a member for a while, so aren’t really new hehe
welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already…
…but you probably have, because you seem like you’re diligent and awesome like that ^-^

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you…
…that you’ve likewise probably already seen, but it still worth mentiioning!

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope that you continue to enjoy WaniKani that your worship of the Crabigator is eternal!

2 Likes

Okay, well at least now I know what the deal is so thanks for the update and double thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes