The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

Wait, I thought it was pinned. @JenK could you pin this?

1 Like

Oh odd, I thought it was pinned as well. There you go!

5 Likes

Hi everyone,
I now have all the scripts I wish to use working expect a couple which appear to rely upon external data:

• WaniKani Stroke Order
  • WaniKani Unobtrusive Kanji Stroke Order
  • KaniWani audio
    There was a pop up which appeared when I first tried to use these scripts in which I clicked on ‘always allow’
    I’m on Tampermonkey on Safari on OSX on Mac (All latest)
    What am I doing wrong here?

Might be be best to ask in their respective thread and describe your problem in more detail so that the author, or someone familiar with the script, can have a look at it

1 Like

Yes, thanks Kumirei, I was/am unsure if I was/am overlooking some general security setting preventing these externals calls in general. Appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Oh, maybe. I am not familiar with Safari so that could very well be the case. I haven’t heard anything like that, though, so I think it should be fine?

1 Like

Did you install the stroke order font?

Haha, Yeah!!!
I may be getting old 
 but ain’t that senile yet LOL as I sit in this coffee shop in Tokyo geeking out on all this amazing tech you guys have created. Definitely beats the æ–°æ—„æœŹèȘžăźćŸș瀎 which I started out on decades back.

1 Like

That script is really cool, the only problem is for me that the “resurrect” function doesn’t work. It opens a “page not found” page on wanikani
 Really too bad cause I love the widget!

Looks like the url for resurrecting may have changed. Seems like you need the subject id now, and I don’t think the v1 API returns that, so it would probably be a lot of work to fix

1 Like

Hi Guy’s! I’m looking for the script (can’t remember the name) that makes it possible to hit ‘escape’ when you want to correct a wrong answer (when you enter a typo for example).

Does anybody know it?

Thx!

Maybe Override or Double-Check. Not sure. Usually typos are accepted though unless its a really short word (or you have a LOT of typos)

It happens a lot that I enter the (correct) answer in my native language :sweat_smile: - that’s why I really need it. hĂ©hĂ©.

You can also add your own words as synonyms :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you using Override or Double-Check? I can edit the script to include a hotkey if you’d like

Don’t they already have hotkeys?

I’m not sure, I don’t use them lol

1 Like

I’m very confused on what API tokens and keys are. If I put a key into Bunpro, do I only need to do it once or must I reenter a new one to sync Wanikani and Bunpro together?

Just once (as long as you save it on Bunpro and don’t delete it). The WaniKani API gives services access to certain information about your account. Bunpro specifically uses this information to hide furigana for kanji you know. The API token acts as authentication in place of you WaniKani username and password.

2 Likes