The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I KNEW I was an idiot. No idea how I missed that. Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t believe there was ever a time that you weren’t a coding god.

2 Likes

Heh
 I’m still not :slight_smile:

11 Likes

What is the definition of legacy code? Code written by anyone other than you or code written by you more than two weeks ago.

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ve long said that the true test of a software developer is the moment when they open a file, say “Who wrote this *&^%$” and then realize it’s themselves, 2 years ago.

Pretty sure that was already an inclusive or.

1 Like

You’re right. My bad. Forgot I was talking to programmers. Conversations in my household (2 software engineers, 1 CS major in college, one HS student who’s planning on engineering in college) :

Person 1: Would you like to do A or B?
Person 2: Yes

5 Likes

Yeah, come on. I didn’t say xor. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well a hardware person would say it with only NANDs.

3 Likes

So, you’re saying:
“[Code written by you AND [NOT (code written by you AND written more than 2wks ago)]] is NOT legacy code”

((Code written by you NAND Code written by you) NAND written more than 2wks ago) NAND ((written more than 2wks ago NAND written more than 2wks ago) NAND Code written by you)

1 Like

You did this to me.

4 Likes

You made a blushing emoji

8 Likes

This is the only sensible thing said in the last dozen posts :laughing:

5 Likes

Hello.

I caved and bought the lifetime. THEN I realized how much the mnemonics either helped, or just the original dedication/brute forcing I did helped. Either way, it’s all gone and it feels like I have to re-brute force everything.

Is there an API for like ‘re-doing’ the whole lesson format without actually a level reset. Also, I thought there was a dashboard setting to make the information disappear so you can hover over it and then it’ll show the reading/meaning, etc. I scrolled the list like three times but I couldn’t find it.

Why do you want to redo everything without reseting the level?

There are self study scripts that could help you.

1 Like

Anyone have a script that gives an example word (without translation, or anything but the japanese kanji) for a kanji review? Sort of like the “show an example sentence for a vocab review” scripts, but for kanji.

(deleted and reposted to fix proper responding-to)

I would so love for this thread to be pinned
 :pray:
I’ve found myself looking for it a few times, but never know where to find it, and the forum search feature isn’t the easiest to use
 :woman_facepalming:

At least if you resort category as Top for All time, it’s in the third position:
https://community.wanikani.com/c/wanikani/api-and-third-party-apps/6/l/top/all

I don’t need more WK scripts in my browser. Well maybe one more? Just one

1 Like