The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

thanks for putting it all together, some of my favourites are there :slight_smile:

Ooh, thanks. I’m overly excited about these. As soon as I get a new laptop, some of these will be mine! Yay. 

thank you everyone. if anyone wants to help me figure out a way to arrange this list, message me on line in the wk chat group or privately, because right now it’s arranged by how recently the thread was active, and that’s not really the best way to do it. i don’t want to arrange it by how useful i find something because that’s horribly subjective, and alphabetically is equally useless. i was planning on putting similar items together, but there’s a lot of wiggle room so…

rfindley said...
meneldal said...
 For Timeline I looked at the code and I don't feel confident it prevents the issues of timeout from the other version which make it unusable after level 40 unless both your connection and WK are in a good mood.
 Good to know... I hadn't heard of that issue.  I'm working on a highly improved version anyway, so maybe I'll re-mention it here when it's done.  I'm integrating it with a bigger data framework that caches lots of data to eliminate the vast majority of API calls that various scripts require.
 Until then, here's a simple though inelegant fix... replace the api_calls and api_colors definitions with the following:

api_calls = ['radicals', 'kanji', 'vocabulary/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25', 'vocabulary/26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50'];

api_colors = ['#0096e7', '#ee00a1', '#9800e8', '#9800e8'];

Or you can break it into smaller chunks, but this seems to work for me.
gth99 said... Until then, here's a simple though inelegant fix... replace the api_calls and api_colors definitions with the following:

api_calls = ['radicals', 'kanji', 'vocabulary/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25', 'vocabulary/26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50'];

What does the change to 'api_colors' do?  I'm assuming it needs to be accompanied by a change to some 'for' loops too, otherwise I don't think the 4th color will ever be accessed.

In the mean time, I've added your change to api_calls.  Thanks for the tip!
[EDIT: there was also a condition "++counted == 3" that needed to be updated to "++counted == api_calls.length".  Otherwise, the displayed data is inaccurate.]
baerrach said...
rfindley said... Good to know... I hadn't heard of that issue.  I'm working on a highly improved version anyway, so maybe I'll re-mention it here when it's done.  I'm integrating it with a bigger data framework that caches lots of data to eliminate the vast majority of API calls that various scripts require.
 Can you link to the thread that has the code base for this?
(I'm assuming you are sharing it...)
I dont want to hijack this thread.
 Nothing is shared yet.  I want to stabilize the interface before making it public.
rfindley said...
gth99 said... Until then, here's a simple though inelegant fix... replace the api_calls and api_colors definitions with the following:

What does the change to 'api_colors' do?  I'm assuming it needs to be accompanied by a change to some 'for' loops too, otherwise I don't think the 4th color will ever be accessed.

In the mean time, I've added your change to api_calls.  Thanks for the tip!
[EDIT: there was also a condition "++counted == 3" that needed to be updated to "++counted == api_calls.length".  Otherwise, the displayed data is inaccurate.]
 api_colors... you're right, I was thinking those two arrays might be linked or indexed together, so I added the 4th param to be safe.  Thanks for pointing out the ++counted thing too!  I didn't really read the code that closely.

ShotgunLagoon said…

• Review Order by alucardeck: order your reviews so you do radicals=>kanji=>vocab. WARNING: PLEASE USE THIS SCRIPT RESPONSIBLY AS MISUSE WILL RESULT IN A BACKLOG OF VOCAB REVIEWS.
 Truth.

1 Like
Ethan said...
ShotgunLagoon said...
  • Review Order by alucardeck: order your reviews so you do radicals=>kanji=>vocab. WARNING: PLEASE USE THIS SCRIPT RESPONSIBLY AS MISUSE WILL RESULT IN A BACKLOG OF VOCAB REVIEWS.
 Truth.

Good grief!!  That's enough to scare me into never letting vocab slip for more than 2 days.  I love Review Order, because it actually helps me even out my workload through a level.  Thinking about the consequences of slipping keeps me working hard.

Thanks for making this, although I do find the bolded capslock warnings rather patronizing.

Reckard said... Thanks for making this, although I do find the bolded capslock warnings rather patronizing.
I think it needs even more warning - it's still ignored by people.
But people will be people and you can't save them from themselves.
Reckard said... Thanks for making this, although I do find the bolded capslock warnings rather patronizing.
i'm sorry, but i really do feel they are necessary, especially for the reordering scripts. lots of people have fallen into the trap of misusing them because they didn't realize how bad things would get, myself included, and i did try to word the warnings fairly neutrally while still getting across that there are risks with using it. i don't mean to patronize; i genuinely think that the warnings are necessary.
1 Like
 Yeah, I mean who would be stupid enough to abuse scripts in this manner. :P

this needs to be stickied

You've put a nice guide and overview for the 3rd party apps and scripts, thank you. The currently stickied overview hasn't been updated for 9 months.

Going through this forum I usually have difficulties finding a script I liked or just for browsing, because for some I might need to click the thread.
1 Like

Shotty, you should add this one too - 

[Userscript] WaniKani Part-Of-Speech

You may want to add this to additional content: /t/JLPT-Grammar-Summary/7318/1

Summaries of the N5 and N4 grammar points that I made for myself, that I posted for anyone interested.

@himetan @Aleithian
added :slight_smile:

I’m still listed as ‘dennmary’ :frowning:

1 Like
dennmart said... I'm still listed as 'dennmary' :(
 sorry! i think i went to fix it and literally made the same typo again... (ー ー;)
i've fixed it now

Yay! Thank you for the correction, and thank you for compiling this list! I will have something more to add to it soon (^_^)