The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

aye aye, will fix the stuff

1 Like

“WaniKani Forum Enhancer” is for the old forums.
I don’t care enough to remove it myself and maybe you have a reason for leaving it in the list but it could be confusing for some people, especially new memebers.

I removed it.

I love the Wanikani Review Wrong Info Click script, but would love it even more if it unfolded Item info every time, not only when I’m wrong. This is because I often want to review the mnemonic or check to make sure that I know the different accepted spellings and meanings.

Would one of you nice fellows around here help me with that?
I’m sure it has to be super quick and simple, but I’m useless at js. I have tried quite a few things, but I’m grasping in the dark. In case anyone cares, my latest (unsuccessful) try, based on the original code by Takuya Kobayashi:

(function () {
    'use strict';

if (action === 'updated') {
        setTimeout(function () {
            $('#option-item-info').click();
            }, 100);
        }
    });
    console.log('WaniKani Always Info Click: script load end');
}());

I thought I heard that there was a script that make readings and meanings come up back to back in reviews but I can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

I think you are looking for the Wanikani Reorder Ultimate script.

It has a 1x1 mode that makes review items come up in pairs (reading/meaning).

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

You were on the right track with your code, but deleted a bit too much.

Try this:

(function () {
'use strict';

$.jStorage.listenKeyChange('completedCount', function (key, action) {
        setTimeout(function () {
            }, 100);
    }
});

$.jStorage.listenKeyChange('wrongCount', function (key, action) {

setTimeout(function () {
            }, 100);
    }
});
console.log('WaniKani Review Wrong Info Click: script load end');
}());

In the original script you can see the

$.jStorage.listenKeyChange('wrongCount', function (key, action) {

but that only listens to wrong answers (because of the ‘wrongCount’ property). To listen to correct answers you need to include the same code but with the ‘completedCount’ property, as I did above. Hope that works for you.

1 Like

Are the userscripts in the OP in any particular order? Where should new scripts be added? (top, bottom, grouped somehow?)

nope, i just added to the bottom, but if there’s a related script then i would add it near it

edit: lol sorry i replied by email and it did not go great apparently.

Add new Scripts

Remove Scripts for the old forum

Remove Scripts that are broken and probably will not work anymore

Not sure whether these still works, perhaps won’t work

You made my day! Thank you so much. I also appreciate the explanation and what I did wrong. I’ll test it in a couple of hours, with my next batch of reviews.

btw, did you get the property name from the API documentation or from somewhere else? wanikani.com/api throws an error and won’t load for me.

this is something entirely different from the API.

So basically, WK reviews work by keeping track of certain information locally in your browser before sending it off to the server. This information is kept with jStorage. It’s things like how many reviews you have, how much you got right/wrong so far, the current item you’re reviewing etc. The ‘properties’ that we have talked about earlier are these bits of information. You can get a full list of them by going to your reviews, opening the developer console, going to the ‘console’ and typing

$.jStorage.index();

Among them you’ll see ‘wrongCount’ and ‘completedCount’. Once you know this, a realm of possibilities opens up, 'cuz now you can do all sorts of cool things to customize your review session. At least, that’s how I felt when I discovered this ;p

To actually look at what’s inside these properties you’d do

$.jStorage.get('propertyName');
1 Like

Fantastic! This is beautiful, indeed. Thanks for the clear explanation.

I tried the script you pasted and it works, but only half the time. That is, it works once I complete a word (meaning and reading), but not the first time around (meaning or reading). Logic tells me this is because completedCount only updates once an item has been fully completed, not for every answer you get right. Thankfully, now that you’ve explained about jStorage.index() I can look and see if I figure out another way to do it. I’ll be back, but I’ll probably open another thread, because I feel like I’ve hijacked this one.

hmm, yea, that’s probably it. I didn’t test it too thoroughly. Try to find an answer and if you can’t, tag me in your new thread.

You could probably hook the Answer Checker instead:

var oldEvaluate = answerChecker.evaluate;
answerChecker.evaluate = function(e,t) {
    setTimeout(function () {
    }, 100);
    return oldEvaluate(e,t);
};

[Edit: Nevermind
 I just saw your other thread where you used questionCount instead]

2 Likes

Should wanakana.js and wanakata.js be added?

I feel silly asking this but

Isn’t there a userscript for, when you answer correctly during reviews, the item info is automatically opened? I read through the list but I must have missed it if it’s there. I hope I didn’t make this up
 xD