The JLPT 2021 Thread (RESULTS OUT NOW!)

A lot of life things happened and while I’m not actively studying for the exam, I know that I’m still gonna aim for the N2 at some point in the near future. Maybe when this is all over :man_shrugging:

Like I said in my previous post, I’m just maintaining my proficiency and that’s pretty much going well :ok_hand:

For the N2, I’m a big fan of Shin Kanzen for textbooks when it comes to reading and grammar. Then for additional grammar ('cause one source is never enough):

Your level in WK is already good to go for N2 in terms of kanji, if you get to level 60, that’s already just a bonus :slightly_smiling_face:

For vocab, you’re really just gonna need to SRS a lot, so PLEASE DON’T USE ANKI OMG YOU POOR SOUL :sob: I used Kitsun which is much better and there’s so much to it + more to come, but…uh…gotta be honest, I’m part of the team so that’s probably sounding biased and I feel like I have to stop at “I used Kitsun and I loved it, it worked for me” :joy:

For listening, I’m not sure if there are tools yet for it that have been considered really really helpful so it’s unfortunately the good ol’ podcasts + anime with jp or no subs.

3 Likes