The 2017-2018 WaniKani Lifetime Sale

I am sooooo going to take advantage of this sale. I’m pretty freaking slow. Like a turtle carrying a ton of bricks on the surface of Venus. I can finally stop worrying about “OH GOD MY SUBSCRIPTION IS ABOUT TO RUN OUT AHHHHH”.

…When I can get the money, of course. Which should be on the 3rd. …Oh well!

1 Like

I will say that getting lifetime was a blessing. You never know when life will get in the way and it takes you over a year to level up :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Part of me is scared of procrastinating, but if I do, it makes even more sense to get the lifetime subscription. So I just became a lifer! Am supper happy with Wanikani.

So, shut up and take my money!

4 Likes

Using くれ rather than 下さい. You think you KNOW me or something? Just for that Im not going to help you

9 Likes

Resistance is futile :crocodile::crab:

3 Likes

Fusance is resistile.

6 Likes

OMAE?!?!?

Thats バニラ様 to you!

6 Likes

Currently level 33. I live in Japan and I use scripts to blow through levels in about 2 weeks or so if im not swamped with something else. I don’t really have the money to drop about $220 CAD on lifetime, and wondering if its even worth it at this point? I think i’ve dropped about $130 US and I’m a bout a year and a half in.

Is it worth it for someone like me?

1 Like

Probably something like:

:crocodile::sparkles::crab::arrow_right::crabigator:

3 Likes

no no no. for まえ you put the ご honorific in front, making ごまえ。

Also, that is just the sheep in water near a tree kanji which signifies that the addressed one is considered to be a sheep in the water near a tree (a big sign of respect culturally in Japan)

7 Likes

I’ve been monthly for a few years and with all my breaks it’s gonna take me a few more years to hit level 60.

Might as well save some money if I’m gonna be here forever, right?

Edit to add: oh my god I’ve been here since 2012 and i’m only at 20

11 Likes

How do you explain the existence of a wanikani?

• Created when a crab and an alligator merged into one being
  • Hatched out of a crab egg
  • Hatched out of an alligator egg
  • Live birth from a crab
  • Live birth from an alligator
  • Live birth from the almighty Koichi
  • Has existed since the beginning of time
  • Too mysterious for mere mortals to understand

0 voters

1 Like

Haha, yeah I know. I was just joking as well. Sheep are not respected in Japan. In fact, they are outright discriminated against.

1 Like

(Guess I should clarify that ごまえ was not true either…and that people are actually indifferent to sheep there as anywhere else) Yeah don:t trust anything I say. The other high levelers are trustworthy and intelligent though so definitely look to them for help/advice/taco recipes.

1 Like

You may be right :woman_shrugging: but it is too late to edit the poll :slightly_frowning_face:

Not one person here has ever sent me a taco recipe. Please don’t lie to our new friends. We have to be with them for a lifetime you know…

6 Likes
5 Likes

OP1oN3H

8 Likes

Yup #teamblue , My year ends today but with just 5 levels to go, lifetime probably isn’t worth it for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Joined a year ago but didn’t actually get started till this year.

I almost became a pre-emptive lifer last year but promised myself I’d have to get to level 4 before I took the plunge.

Here I am! Thanks for the sale and for :crabigator:!

1 Like