The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Currently at Level 12. I try to do the reviews as they come per hour unless I’m sleeping. I’ve been trying to space out the lessons more recently, but still focusing on getting the radicals done as soon as they’re unlocked, as well as the second set of kanji once all the radicals on a level are guru’d.

8 Likes

Woop level 15. In the past few days I’ve been doing reviews and lessons as they came. So this is what it’s like to study consistently vs 500+ reviews in a sitting :thinking:

6 Likes

Phew, it’s been awhile. I’ve been working towards this for a month or so now. Last level up I got it down to just 9 lessons before the new vocab piled on, finally managed to go all the way =D

8 Likes

Aha! I got you now crabigator! Last 10 levels you have been battling me, but now I’m back in doing sub 10 day levels… I hope

8 Likes

Oof this level hit my like a truck. One week of not doing reviews at all, to one week of dealing with thousands of reviews on WK, Kitsun and 100+ on Bunpro, and here I am, finally.

I need to remind myself that as long as I’m going forward and making the same progress, or at least the one I’m happy with, it’s okay. Levels and trying to be faster still get me sometimes, but I do learn a lot, even if I’m not being level 60 or whatever. :triumph: :muscle:

10 Likes

This was the painfullestestest part of your post for me and I felt the pain. Good job getting it done! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This was the fastest of my level except the first two, 7 days 8 hours. Start of level 9 is rougher, 91 new lessons in one go was a tremendous effort.

7 Likes

Sounds painful! Any reason you’re choosing to do them all at once instead of spread out (using the filter script to prioritize radicals/kanji and spread out vocab)?

(Congrats on the fastest level!!)

I’m always zeroing everything as soon as I can. Most of the time a typical level for me is this:

• Do all new vocab lessons from previous level and at least radicals lessons (can stop for kanji and new vocab since they are not a wall)
  • Whenever I feel like it, (after a 1h break or something) finish all new kanjis and vocab
  • Post here
  • Whenever reviews come, pay extra attention to radical to not slow progress, and kanji or vocab errors are allowed since they’ll anyway be 3.5 days in advance of the final kanjis
  • When the radicals are guru’d, pay extra attention to the new kanji to make as little error as possible, if errors are to be made, it’s when the SRS is low (apprentice I or II max).
  • guru everything and start a new level

With that method I’ve reach a speed of 7-8 days per level which I’m comfortable with (I don’t wake up in the middle of the night for kanjis lol) and an accuracy of 95% (for now)

Had the 0/0 in 32/32 levels! (lets ignore I spent a year on level 31 ok? :wink: Had the zero, thats more important! <3 )

8 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

Posting in here just to benchmark finally hitting double digits. I’m convinced my schedule makes it impossible to land the fastest level time naturally unless the stars align :disappointed:

6 Likes

I’m baaaaaack!!

During christmas and new years I accumulated whopping 500+ vocab lessons, since I barely had time for radicals and kanji. It took me over two weeks to finally reach 0/0 with a healthy-ish plan of having maximum of 200 apprentice items at once :smiley:

9 Likes

Now on level 32 too :slight_smile: I guess I’ll keep this up as long as I can.

bild

5 Likes

I asked because I’ve reached a speed of 7 days per level (without waking up in the middle of the night) without doing lessons all at once when they show up (and not neglecting them, either - I reach 0/0 in the middle of the level). I generally do a max of 25 lessons per day, I just use a script to prioritize the radicals/last batch of kanji when they come up, and to spread the other kanji out. It creates a much more even load of lessons - and reviews! - so I really like it, but I know it’s not everyone’s approach. I just wanted to mention it in case you thought all-at-once was necessary for good level-up times!

ouchi ouch my streak

I had to take some weeks off to deal with some personal stuff and now I’m facing this… How do I go 0/0 from here? I would like to space out my reviews but how to I go at that? Should I be using a reorder script to review apprentice stuff first? That is the biggest pile of reviews I have had to deal with yet and I’m kind of overwhelmed.
Maybe I should reset a couple levels?
If you guys got some advise how to recover from that I would greatly appreciate it…

2 Likes

Set a daily limit on reviews say 100, if your reviews score still goes up, increase the amount of reviews you do daily, or you can just pick a weekend/day off and slug it out. Don’t do anymore lesson.

Tip: Next time you have to deal with things, set the ‘Holiday mode’ on and this will never happen.

2 Likes

On level 13 now, I hit this level late on Wednesday night and am now caught up on lessons.

I studied Japanese formally for 6 years before this (3 in high school and 3 in college), so some of the kanji and vocabulary are things I already know. But I was always terrible at memorizing Kanji, so over half of what I’ve covered by this point is “new” to me, or at least forgotten. Wish I knew about WK while I was still taking classes.

7 Likes