Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 7 Discussion Thread・ [Volume Complete!]

It’s an abbreviated way of counting… imagine something like とつ、たつ、っつ and so on. It’s not particularly linked to the つ counter, I believe…

9 Likes

I completely blanked those as the start of counter words… :person_facepalming: I knew it was going to be something obvious. Thank you so much! :joy:

8 Likes

I gave the intro chapter a try when the book club first started and couldn’t make much sense of it. But I recently started reading again, after having learned a lot more grammar, and I’m slowly catching up!

I’m finishing volume 5 and I’ve already read 6, so I am setting myself the goal of catching up before the end of this thread!

11 Likes

Congratulations on getting so far! I look forward to seeing you catch up with the rest of us here shortly! :grin:

8 Likes
There's this one-off story I read a few years ago that took me some time to figure out what the title was.

8 Likes

Without the context this is even harder to recognize, I would think it was just her name or something hahaha.

I guess it’s a counting sheep to sleep kinda thing?

6 Likes

It absolutely was!

Thinking back on it, I actually think I didn’t realize what it meant until I saw it in another series (Mitsuboshi Colors? Yotsuba?) and then I had went back and checked this story because I remembered it from there.

The main character of the story counts a lot of sheep as she tries to get to sleep each night.

7 Likes

Another week, another chapter of Takagi-san! Seems like there might be some 教科書 sharing going on in this chapter. Should be loads of opportunities for Nishikata to get teased! Looking forward to it! :joy:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

8 Likes

decided to read ahead because I haven’t been able to click ‘already read it’ hahaha…the last chapter is super cute!!!

7 Likes

Hi there,

I’m pleased to be joining this book club ! I’m a beginner learner but I’m a fan of Karakai Jouzu no Tagagi-san Series and I’ve already watch the anime so even though I’m not used to read japanese, I have a fairly good understanding of the dynamics between the different characters.

I’m happy to have Takagi and Nishikata as my first Manga in original Japanese =D

I will try to read along and catch up the 6 previous Volume in the mean time !

11 Likes

Welcome to the club! I am very happy to see more people joining up! :grin: Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the respective threads. Most (if not all) of us have the threads set to watching, and we will be happy to help clear up anything that is ambiguous! Have fun, and I look forward to when you catch up! :grin:

9 Likes

Thank you, I will be in your care then ! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes
Story comments

Takagi is her own worst enemy sometimes, Nishikata had almost cracked the code!

8 Likes

Happy weekend everyone! I hope everyone is ready for the final chapter of this volume! There’s no おまけ this time, but I look forward to seeing what kind of 約束 is being made~

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

7 Likes
Balls

Even Takagi was surprised by them

6 Likes

Oh, is this the soda scene?
Just saw the clip a few days ago.

5 Likes

Yep, basically asking her out

4 Likes

Super cute chapter! Takagi was so happy :blush:

6 Likes

I’m melting :melting_face:

As of yet, the sequel to this chapter is an Anime original, I don’t know if it will ever be featured in the manga

I sure hope it will, the 夏祭り was really the Highlight of season 2

Has anyone seen it ?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, since Takagi moved to a different streaming service for season 2, I never saw it. Actually, I only saw season 1 when it first came out, so it’s been so many years, I don’t remember it clearly. So at some point, I stopped being sure whether we were still in the events of the first season or not :sweat_smile:

There has been unfamiliar stuff happening for a while now, but I was never sure because (anime season 1 spoilers) I clearly remember Nishikata thanking Takagi about something and her being super happy in her room at the end of the season, and I feel like we haven’t seen that in the manga yet.

So I was never sure if the stuff we were reading was actually past season 1, or if I was just not remembering.

4 Likes