Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 7 Discussion Thread・ [Volume Complete!]

Looks like I have to hold off on Yukari comparisons. This Takagi chapter is during year one, and the Yukari chapter is set in year two. I did a quick check online, and it looks like we’ll see the year two sports test in Takagi-san volume 10. The wait continues!

One interesting bit from the Yukari chapter is that she recalls their year one sports test wasn’t that long after the entrance ceremony.

Story question: Did I misunderstand, or do the girls get graded higher than the boys?

5 Likes

r.e. Story question: Yeah, that’s what I understood too. That’s probably why Nishikata said it wasn’t fair. And he got fewer points than her for doing more sit-ups.

5 Likes

maybe it’s being sick but this ending kind of fell a little flat for me
was hoping to be cheered up a little
not as cute as other stories
next week will hopefully be better!

2 Likes

Perhaps we can say it’s because this story is relatively early into year one (based on what Yukari says in her series), and thus Takagi hasn’t yet thoroughly developed her technique, such as not planning in advance for a penalty.

5 Likes

Happy weekend everyone. Sorry I’m a touch late! As always, looking forward to this week’s chapter! Time to see what kind of お期産 Nishikata will give. :wink:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

5 Likes

this was adorable (makes up for my disappointment in the last chapter)

and I see @mariodesu is planning on catching up to us soon!!! I’ve been sick so haven’t been paying a lot of attention but guessing you are already at vol6 by now or close to it hahaha

6 Likes

Hey shuly, hope you’re recovering well!
Actually I’m not going as fast as a week ago because I started reading the Attack on Titan manga too, but I will probably get to you guys in 15-20 days from now :grin: (half the time if I read a chapter more each day, which at this point is very doable

Let me share with you guys my progress, can’t believe how far I went from taking hours for just the first Takagi-san page, to this:

Summary

This was possible thanks to the patient pwople who answered the tons of my question on Takagi-san through the volumes :pray:

8 Likes

omg that’s like “PANIC” word vomit hahaha

congrats on making it so far so fast!!! don’t overwhelm yourself

5 Likes

Not a thing for me :wink::rofl:

5 Likes

This was a lovely chapter :slight_smile:

I was expecting Takagi to eat them and just be like “Ooh, I love sour things!” or something like that. But I like the actual story much better :blush:

9 Likes

I was kinda expecting Nishikata to betray himself, but it was super cute honestly

7 Likes

Another week’s passed, and what an eventful one it was. I’m now back home, and ready to play a little bit of catch up on some of my reading! Some proper sleep wouldn’t be amiss, though, so maybe a bit of ć‚Źçœ èĄ“ wouldn’t be a bad thing before bed
 :wink:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

7 Likes

Story comment: Nishikata’s an idiot :joy:

6 Likes

I think you’re just posting early to prevent me from being able to click the already read it option :smiley:

6 Likes

I caught up today! :tada: hello everyone

9 Likes

Congratulations on catching up! :clap: :tada:

5 Likes
It's almost like these two worlds are interconnected.

The trio takes turns trying to hypnotize one another.

DĂ©jĂ  vu.

At first, their efforts are fruitless.

Finally, Sanae finds success when trying to hypnotize Yukari.

To see how Sanae takes advantage of her newfound power over Mina, be sure to check out ă€Œæ‹ă«æ‹ă™ă‚‹ăƒŠă‚«ăƒȘちゃん」 volume 4!

8 Likes

Come on Nishikata, really should’ve seen that one coming

9 Likes

but if he did then he wouldn’t be our lovable è„żæ–čくん

not sure why but lots of new vocab or maybe older that haven’t seen in a while
 but had more trouble with some of this chapter
 but still awesome
vocab list updated

9 Likes

For me, I thought Takagi was going to reach out for Nishikata’s nose, knowing he’d realize it and pull back. After all, Nishikata didn’t specify whose nose.

8 Likes