Hello everyone, about a month ago I lost the ability to see clearly and currently I’m slowly recovering from this condition. Since I wasn’t able to read Japanese books, I decided to concentrate on my listening skills. I enjoy listening to some English podcasts and I think they helped me to improve my English listening skills a lot, so trying some Japanese podcasts was an obvious thing to do.
Here is a list of podcasts I found. I wanted to do sort of a review for each, but I’m terrible with that and I think it’s just easier to listen to podcast than to read a review. So I divided them into a few categories which should give you a hint whether you’d be interested in them.
These can be hard. Only recommend them if you are already into news.
- 飯田浩司のOK! Cozy up!
- FM OSAKA 「OSAKA TALKING HEADS」
- Takram Cast (the audio quality is not very good)
I personally don’t really like history, but enjoy listening to these ones.
- COTEN RADIO
- "MOOK STUDY"日本の歴史
These are usually quite dense and harder to understand than talking ones
- きくドラ (presenter is reading short versions of famous literary pieces)
- yes!～明日へのお便り～ (short stories about interesting people)
- だぶるばいせっぷす ～思想と哲学史 (extracts from philosophy books, transcripts of old episodes can be found here)
These are probably the most easy to listen to.
- さくら通信 (my favorite one)
- 便所のつぶやき (you can probably guess the level of jokes in this podcast from the name)
Girls seem to be underrepresented in podcasting, so these are podcasts with two female presenters.
That’s all from me. Have a good day!