WaniKani Reading Practice

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks to WaniKani for creating such an awesome application to remember Kanji.

I am living in Japan for almost 5 years. Can speak decent Japanese but was finding it hard to remember Kanji.I have tried every possible ways but could never remember kanjis for a long period of time.

It has been over just a month and I can see the difference after using WaniKani. I can catch some of the words on news which is written in Kanji. I started to read anything I see on the train, billboards etc. Sometimes it gets frustrating but I always believe in ‘Never give up till the end’.

Never missed a day without doing reviews. Would love to share my story once I reach level 60.

FOR NOW WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW CAN I GET SOME MATERIALS TO READ THE KANJI AND THE VOCABULARIES BASED ON MY LEVEL. IN SHORT, ANY MATERIALS ON ‘READINGS’ BASED ON THE LEVEL I AM RIGHT NOW?

Thanks to the community so far. I have got all the answers I have asked here so far.

Waiting to get another solution.

Thanks in advance.

#roadtomydream

Personally, I’m a big fan of Satori Reader. It has a large number of articles and stories, and if you give it your ReadOnly WaniKani API key it will show only those kanji you have levelled to Guru+. Admittedly I’ve heard a few people here say they didn’t get on with it, but you can free trial the first few articles in each series to see if it works for you.

Also, just bear in mind it dynamically updates the kanji it shows, but the vocab isn’t necessarily the same as in WaniKani :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Like @Matto3 I want to suggest Satori Reader. I only recently discovered it myself (and has only tried some of the free articles) but it works amazingly well for me. I have added my WaniKani API key, and specified that I want it to add the kanji when they reach SRS interval 5 (which is the first guru level). Then, as I’ve read the stories, I’ve gradually added additional kanji that I already knew to the list. I’ll definitely subscribe to it at some point.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I can now improve my reading slowly.

Thanks alot

I’ve been looking around for things to read, too. When I find some useful things, I’ll post them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.