Show Us Your Handwriting -- In Japanese

After some discussion of English handwriting in another thread, I looked around and saw that the Japanese-handwriting threads were all archived. So I’m starting a new one. Let’s see your hiragana/katakana/kanji writing.

Here’s some modern Japanese pangrams (like the English sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,” using the full alphabet) for practicing kana.

Here’s a sample of my hiragana using いろは, probably the best-known Japanese pangram, which includes two now-obsolete characters:

And a version using modern kanji and hiragana:

40 Likes

if only I hadn’t lost my phone. I guess I have a webcam, but I don’t want to go through the effort to install it on my computer

1 Like

I posted an example of my practice Kanken answer sheet.

2 Likes

Show off how primitive of Japanese of a Lv60 is…

About a more complex Kanji, this reminds be of hyper-pixelated Kanji…
20170817_115057

I want to see more of how people fit somewhat complex Kanji into small spaces by handwriting… or just avoid altogether?

17 Likes

My address has this kanji (竃) in it. I have yet to write it correctly once, and 99% of the other people who write my address cheat or fail too!

11 Likes

Your writing is really cute. Is this on a tablet?

15 Likes

Here’s a couple of sentences I jotted down on a hotel room notepad, taking the opportunity to practice some recently learned grammar while I’m at it!

I like to think of the first stroke of め and ぬ as a straight hair pin stuck in a bun:

13 Likes

This is great, both your English and Japanese writing has a sort of bouncy, bubbly playfulness to it. Love it!

Thanks. I just wrote down all my apprentice items.

As for the writing, it’s thanks to SARASA 0.3 pens.
They flow really nicely for small characters.

1 Like

Yes, it’s Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S pen.

The only difference is mine is white.

Also, I use this to practice writing on AnkiDroid, for individual characters. I can write many details with extra large Kanji writing, like 躊 or 窶. I can easily write a 15x15 cm Kanji.

4 Likes

And some Kanji:

16 Likes

Some of my handwriting (shoutout to whoever knows where these sentences are from).

I feel like I’m writing too much based on print kana, and I know the spacing isn’t the best. I haven’t had any practice writing in a grid (too lazy to get grid/square paper). Also, here’s some writing with kanji on a post-it note, even though I’ve had very little kanji practice recently.

9 Likes

あなたの手書き

There! It’s “Your handwriting” in Japanese :slight_smile:

31 Likes

IMG_5597

18 Likes

Okay, for the sake of actual participation, but my handwriting is horrible in any language:

10 Likes

I don’t like how I write す, る and ひ, maybe I should practice those a bit. Somehow they always turn out differently :sweat:

20 Likes

I don’t even know if it’s good or not, since I just started japanese recently, but here goes

27 Likes

Writing and I… we’re not besties. I tried doing it the right way, I really did. Everything ended up looking like a mangled tree. The same mangled tree. What can I say, I have talent… So I went the “copy this off the computer as close as you can because at least this will get you through WK” route. This is one of my cards I made for kanji I mix up a lot.

10 Likes

My bad handwriting doesn’t stop me from trying anyway. Pic from one of my Etsy shop listings.

13 Likes

Looks fine to me.

2 Likes