Show Us Your Handwriting -- In Japanese

I literally just ordered that tablet yesterday and was wondering how it would do for writing practice. Glad to know it works well!

Also. Yo @Cassykins 久しぶり

1 Like

I’m too ashamed to post my Japanese handwriting here. Actually this is reminding me to get working on it again. I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I’d probably only post it if I was really proud of it :confused:

8 Likes

Sometimes I love my handwriting and sometimes I hate it… I do something in the underswoop of 遊ぶ.

8 Likes

@Heiopei you have really nice handwriting!

2 Likes

Right? Heiopei’s is beautiful. Looks so natural but stylized too.

1 Like

Here’s mine. This is take 3 and I still can’t believe I couldn’t make it look pretty. Judge me harshly please, 先輩方 !

16 Likes

66 Likes

To practise writing kanji, I write out each one when I get it in WaniKani lessons.

6 Likes

This is in normal paper.
If anyone is interested in Unko Kanji Drills, I’ve written out a few sentences.

14 Likes

My kanji is still really messed up but I like to think my hiragana is legible; here’s my attempts at iroha and some vocabulary notes:

6 Likes

Oh! But I do like the way I write “愛”
I have to write it much more often than you’d think!

12 Likes

Aaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhhh my eyes! Kill it, kill it now! :scream:.
I’m only joking :joy:.

3 Likes

There are some characters I can write well, and some…not so much. (Looking at you, あ)
But I’d like to draw your attention to the awesomeness of my そ in the third line :laughing:

I didn’t even attempt kanji, I knew it would turn out to be a mess. I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever be able to muster the motor skills necessary to write those characters with lots of little details at a normal size (i.e. not gigantic).

15 Likes

:fearful: messy notes all over the place :kissing_cat:

8 Likes

Because of a certain topic in WaniKani community, my way of writing そ changed forever…

そ-bw

Hiragana_so

I now always write the second way.

7 Likes

I don’t like writing す the way you’re supposed to. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

I like the way your すs look! Maybe I’m going to copy your technique and see how it works for me.

2 Likes

So you write it like a + and g stacked together? Interesting. I eventually got comfortable writing す the standard way, but it was a real struggle at first–it feels really weird.

My biggest struggle at the moment is with the れ/わ/ね/etc. characters–for some reason I’ve developed a problem of trying to write the parts intersecting the stem first or as if they were part of the stem. Which doesn’t even work out in the end, unlike your technique. And occasionally I try to draw the wrong part of the “x” in ぬ/め separately, but at least that’s fixable.

3 Likes

I’m doing the same thing will all those things. D: Stupid, weird finger movements! Don’t out of context quote me on that…

1 Like

I wouldn’t have even thought of it if you hadn’t said anything…

3 Likes