Sharing my shame

I found out about WKStats earlier today and well… I didn’t like what I saw :smiling_face_with_tear:

586 days for level two, I guess that should be some kind of record? :joy:

I’ve been a member for around 4,5 years now and I guess I need to up my game. I really wondered why I didn’t make any progress. Time to stop slacking I guess.

Just randomly sharing lol.

18 Likes

Robert Frost said it best in his poem, The Road Not Taken.

“Do your WaniKani reviews every day.”

25 Likes

And that made all the difference.

9 Likes

Wish wkstats showed my pre-reset info, that would be a museum-level shared shame :sweat_smile:

FWIW: I’m also a long-term member (7 years), and also reset twice, once from level 15, another time from level 12. Both times it was due to life events causing reviews to pile up. This time I decided to focus on zeroing the reviews and not doing more lessons than I felt I was capable (giving the lessons I do more attention), to avoid review tsunamis coinciding with busier days.

Strategy worked fine… until the painful (10+) levels started :sob:, bringing me back to the shame sharing topic:

Good news is that this time I did not panic; just tried to go a bit faster on vocabulary reviews (because they help reinforce the kanji, so it’s worth to get to them as soon as their kanji allow), which allowed me to tame the leftovers from 12 (which were preventing me to move to radicals on 13), and that seems to have worked (14 wrapped at a good time, with 15’s lessons expected to start in just a few days, like 14 did). Wish me luck.

P.S.: yes, I considered a reordering script (not to level faster, but to do vocab lessons as soon as I guru their kanji, for increased fixation), but I’m afraid to abuse such power, so let’s allow SRS do its magic on its own for an extra while…

4 Likes

I sat on that free subscription for a looooooonng time.
Going pretty well since I actually bought it though!

6 Likes

Oh my four years :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.