Sentence Builder

I really like it, it’s interactive and really got me into the kanji memorising game.
I really want a sentence builder, too, 下さい
Anna

2 Likes

What’s a sentence builder?

10 Likes

Well, I now have learnt say fifty kanji, so I would like to use them.
We’re working from home so I would like to have a software that I could use with some grammar.
I have kanji for dog and ball, I would like to write sentences with them, and on the Tofugu page we have grammar structures like desu. Combining those would be fun.

1 Like

Here’s an example of a sentence builder. Using the example sentence from 犬:

その王は犬を六ぴきかっています。

you then get scrambled choice of words, e.g.:

を・四月・王・六ぴき・その・います・かって・夕べ・は・犬

and then you have to put them together to create a grammatically correct sentence, ignoring the red herrings 四月 and 夕べ. Is that what you have in mind?

1 Like

Actually, I had thought about something different.
I imagined it more open to interaction.
For example, the sentence structure with desu has an open box for a noun and a verb desu.
So I would like to be able to type in inu in the box and select the right verb.
that’s all I can do for now.
I imagine a more complex sentence would have more boxes.
The side of wanikani that I like is how it’s a game, so I would like to play with the sentences, too.
They can be creative or outrageous, but the program would have the grammar right.

2 Likes

I see. There are various types of sentence builder, so it would have been more helpful if you had explained it in your original post. I don’t think WK is going to implement this feature, but you can check out iknow.jp for something similar to your idea.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.