Resources for hiragana/katakana vocab?

Hiya, I’m looking for resources that teach hiragana/katakana vocab? Most of the resources I’ve seen posted here are for kanji or Japanese grammar, but a lot of the text I see when looking at - for example - Japanese social media, is in hiragana and sometimes katakana. Sorry if this post has already been made, just direct me there and I’ll be on my way!

1 Like

Speaking of which…
If anyone finds or puts together a good list of kana-only vocab, let me know, because I’d love to add it as add-on script for Self-Study Quiz.

4 Likes

Torii SRS has kana-only study mode that you can use. It is a free app that you can download on the Play Store or computer! If you would like to use the browser, you could sign up for Kitsun and use this deck. Both are good options but Kitsun is in open beta and sooner or later you will have to pay to keep using it.

4 Likes

I didn’t study it long, so I don’t know how good it is, but memrise has such a list. "Kana only!?" a growing list of usually… - by nisbahmumtaz - Memrise

Seconding that Torii SRS app. It’s rough around the edges, but the fact that it’s free is a true blessing.

Plus, it pairs incredibly well with Wanikani :durtle_love:

1 Like

The kana-only 10k Anki deck has got you covered.

You can find it here:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/some-supplemental-material/8121

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.