๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

March 7 :snowflake: Home Post

A bit otherwise occupied today, so itโ€™s another counting Japanese homework day :man_shrugging: I wrote a whole composition that involved reading some stuff on wikipedia and such in Japanese so not too shabby really.

Ooh yay! Iโ€™m sure you are, Iโ€™m still hanging out in chapter 1 :joy: itโ€™ll be a very exciting day when I get to chapter 2 lmao. Weโ€™re in this together :muscle:

20 Likes

I am slowing down a bit so you probably can catch up soon. I played 6 hours last week and really tried to finish the first chapter. Chapter 2 I am trying to just kind of take it a day at a time and finish a scene or 2 a day (anytime the screen goes to black and changes the scenery, conversation, etc.)

12 Likes

I read a tiny bit of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใฏ, decided I wasnโ€™t feeling it, then read a bit of ่ŠฑๆŸใฏๆฏ’. In a bit of a mood this evening and rather unfocused.

Mixed mood comes from the fact that Iโ€™m regrettably going to have to stop studying for the July N1 as some things have come up in my life which means I wonโ€™t have time to study, and more like than not wonโ€™t be free during exam time anyways. I didnโ€™t have any grand reason to take it other than getting bugged by some people about when I was going to take it (IRL, online no one in the spaces I hang out cares one way or another). It wonโ€™t aid me professionally nor am I aspiring to live there soโ€ฆ :person_shrugging:
On the bright side I can ramp down my anki reviews, stop reading boring things for the sake of practice, and let Japanese go back to being purely a fun side hobby which is nice.

23 Likes

Home

Yesterday:

• 11 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 99
  • ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž

Today:

When I ordered ๅ››็•ณๅŠ็ฅž่ฉฑๅคง็ณป, I went ahead and got a few more vol of ๆœˆๅˆŠๅฐ‘ๅฅณ้‡ŽๅดŽใใ‚“ and the ้ขจใฎ่ฐทใฎใƒŠใ‚ฆใ‚ทใ‚ซ set. Those arrived today. I did not expect ใƒŠใ‚ฆใ‚ทใ‚ซ to be magazine-sized lmao

• 11 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 111. I wonder if the people complaining about the chapter named after magical realism being magical realism also complain(ed) about the lesser magical realism in this one. Even just from the premise though, without looking at the chapter titles, why would you pick this book up if you donโ€™t like fantasy and/or magical realism?
  • ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž
18 Likes

March 7 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 70-80%

Finished the fifth chapter of ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซ. Only one chapter to go, but I think I will wait for @NicoleIsEnough to catch up before continuing. It gets lonely posting by myself, and this is a book that could spark some lively discussions if there were more of us.
I found it relatively easy to read in the beginning, and it does have several straightforward parts, but thereโ€™s also a lot of abstract concepts that could be difficult to tackle in any language. Couple that with occasional โ€œnews articlesโ€ at the end of chapters, and the result is that about 30% of the book is much more hard work than the rest, with some of it feeling like non-fiction. Worth it though. Itโ€™s well written, interesting and very much relevant to current issues today, even if itโ€™s (light) SF.

I hope itโ€™s good things! And that youโ€™ll at least have more time for fun reading, although I guess less time is less time, whatever you use it for.

21 Likes

Uhhh, sorriiii! I was totally out of business for the past two days (had a Japanese friend stay over so I was practicing speaking a lot :tada: but did not manage to read at all) and I will be very busy with work for the next few weeks :cold_sweat: but Iโ€™m planning to prioritize ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซ and see what I can do. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

12 Likes

Hey, I didnโ€™t mean you need to rush or anything! Reading is supposed to be fun, not work or an obligation. Things get in the way all the time, I know, and a Japanese friend staying over sounds like a fun and welcome thing to get in the way. :smiley:
I will take a short break (a few days? probably not more than that), but if Iโ€™m in the mood to read on and you havenโ€™t caught up yet, thatโ€™s totally fine too. We can always discuss later, whenever you get around to it. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Iโ€™ve set up a thread for ๅคขๅๅคœ as promised:

14 Likes

Ah, sure, thanks for the reminder! Itโ€™s just that I really want to read :grin: and I grab every opportunity to procrastinate on work stuff, so I need to call myself to order sometimes :sweat_smile:

OK, perfect! :+1: Iโ€™ll see what I can do, and donโ€™t feel blocked by me please! Iโ€™ll get there eventually. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :four_leaf_clover: ๏ผ“ๆœˆ๏ผ˜ๆ—ฅ :four_leaf_clover: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ ch 5, 6 done! - bittersweet that thereโ€™s such a sharp end here and no news about coming back from hiatus. So much potential in this series
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 28 โ†’ 30

Itโ€™s early yet, so I might read some more later, but things might get hectic tonight so was trying to read before that :laughing:

Word of the Day:
็Œซ่ˆŒใ€Œใญใ“ใ˜ใŸใ€ใƒผ dislike of very hot food or drink; inability to take hot food; cat tongue

(it was from ruri, but i canโ€™t hear this word and not think of azumanga)

18 Likes

7/3 4 pages Orange, 2 pages Spy Family
8/3 6 pages Orange, 1 page ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง

Not really catching up. Feel like Iโ€™m in a holding pattern. Suspect Iโ€™ll improve next few days. Otherwise hopefully once Iโ€™m properly on holiday in 2 weeks.

21 Likes

Well it turns out that the Kindle edition of the novel ใ€Œใกใ‚‡ใฃใจไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ไป•ไบ‹ใ‚„ใ‚ใฆใใ‚‹ใ€ that I bought has many sample chapters of other books at the end. So basically the story itself is around 70% of the whole book, so I finished it quite earlier that I expected :joy:

I really liked it and I think I will follow with the second novel after this one. But first, starting tomorrow I will be taking a one week break from Japanese because of vacation and traveling :blush: :airplane: :beach_umbrella:
So I will be continuing with reading and listening challenges after I get back.

To end off, few of my favorite quotes from the novel:
ใ€Œๅคงไธˆๅคซใ‚ˆใ€‚ไบบ็”Ÿใชใ‚“ใฆใญใ€็”Ÿใใฆใ•ใˆใ„ใ‚Œใฐใ€ๆกˆๅค–ใชใ‚“ใจใงใ‚‚ใชใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ€
ใ€Œใใ‚‚ใใ‚‚ใ€ไบบ็”Ÿใฏๅ‹ใก่ฒ ใ‘ใงๅˆ†ใ‘ใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎใชใฎ ใ‹? ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ‚ใ€ใฉใ“ใ‹ใ‚‰ใŒๅ‹ใกใงใ€ใฉใ“ใ‹ใ‚‰ใŒ่ฒ ใ‘ใงใ™ใ‹ใ€‚่‡ชๅˆ†ใŒๅนธใ›ใ  ใจๆ€ใˆใŸใ‚‰ใ€ใใ‚Œใงใ„ใ„ใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€‚ใ€
ใ€Œไฟบใฎไบบ็”Ÿใฏใ€ใŠๅ‰ใฎใŸใ‚ใซใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ใ€ใ“ใฎไผš็คพใฎใŸใ‚ใซใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ใญใˆใ€‚ไฟบใฎไบบ็”Ÿใฏใชใ‚ใ€ไฟบใจใ€ไฟบใฎๅ‘จใ‚Šใฎๅคงๅˆ‡ใชไบบใฎใŸใ‚ใซใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚“ใ ใ‚ˆ!ใ€
ใ€Œใใ‚‚ใใ‚‚ใ€ไบบ็”Ÿใฏๅ‹ใก่ฒ ใ‘ใงๅˆ†ใ‘ใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎใชใฎใ‹? ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ‚ใ€ใฉใ“ใ‹ใ‚‰ใŒๅ‹ใกใงใ€ใฉใ“ใ‹ใ‚‰ใŒ่ฒ ใ‘ใงใ™ใ‹ใ€‚่‡ชๅˆ†ใŒๅนธใ›ใ ใจๆ€ใˆใŸใ‚‰ใ€ใใ‚Œใงใ„ใ„ใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€‚ใ€
ใ€Œๅ‘ใ‹ใ„ๅˆใ†็›ธๆ‰‹ใฎ่กจๆƒ…ใฏใ€่‡ชๅˆ†ใฎ่กจๆƒ…ใ‚’ๆ˜ ใ—ใ ใ™้กใ ใ€‚ใ€
ใ€Œไบบ็”Ÿใฃใฆใ€ใใ‚Œใปใฉๆ‚ชใ„ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใชใ„ใžใ€‚ใ€

23 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 8th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
-

ๅญฃ็ฏ€(ใใ›ใค)ใ‚’ๆ„‰(ใŸใฎ)ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ(ใŸใฎใ—ใ‚€)
3/9

ๅ›€(ใ•ใˆใš)ใ‚‹้ณฅ(ใจใ‚Š)ใฏ็พฝ(ใฏ)ใฐใŸใ‹ใชใ„ 8
168 - 204 (end)

Man what a final chapter for this volume. Will Yashiro be honest about his feelings? Will Doumeki cross an unforgivable line? How honest is Yashiroโ€™s body? Also, is sensei drawing the right number of fingers on Doumeki? Or is he always grabbing Yashiro with his full hand?

21 Likes

And Iโ€™m just following you both to keep me motivated until I can dive myself in the game :laughing:

10 Likes

Mar 8, Wed of Week 11 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ๅคใธใฎใƒˆใƒณใƒใƒซใ€ใ•ใ‚ˆใชใ‚‰ใฎๅ‡บๅฃ Ch.3/2 (+listen)

Since I have carefully read Ch.4 to the end, I would call it the whole volume for now.

• ๅคขๅๅคœ Night 1 (+listen)

Just trying out the series.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใใ“ใใ“(.) = (on-mim) just all right; not very good = ใพใ‚ใพใ‚ / ใปใฉใปใฉ
  • ใใใใ•(.) = hurriedly; without calming down
  • ใƒจใ‚ฟใ‚ซ = nightjar, a kind of bird = ๅคœ้ทน(ใ‚ˆใŸใ‹)
  • ๅฎ›(ใ‚ใฆ)ใŒใ† = to allocate; to provide
  • ็‚ฏใ€…(ใ‘ใ„ใ‘ใ„) = glaring, piercing eyes, making uneasy. Has Furigana.
  • ้€กๅทก(ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“) = hesitation. Has Furigana.
  • ๆฏๆŠœ(ใ„ใใฌ)ใ = a breather
  • ๆฐดๅ…ฅ(ใฟใšใ„)ใ‚‰ใš = with no outsiders present
  • ๆ‰‹ๅฃ(ใฆใใก) = modus operandi; a shrewd trick
  • ้œงๆ•ฃ(ใ‚€ใ•ใ‚“) = vanishing like a mist = ้›ฒๆ•ฃ้œงๆถˆ(ใ†ใ‚“ใ•ใ‚“ใ‚€ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†). First kanji is ้œง(ใใ‚Š) (= mist).
  • ่‚ฉ็”ฒ้ชจ(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใ“ใค) = scapula; shoulder blade. Healthy (ๅฅๅบท(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ“ใ†)) bone? I recalled another word that has this On reading โ€“ ๅŒ่‚ฉ(ใใ†ใ‘ใ‚“).
19 Likes

March 8th!

Today I read Chapter 62 of Shadows House, and finished volume 5!
This volume has felt really text dense so its been taking me ages to read, but Iโ€™m enjoying it enough to keep going :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

20 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 8th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 16.51% // Volume II: 86.10% :paintbrush:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๆ–‡็ญฅใ€Œใตใฐใ“ใ€ใƒผ Box for letters and papers; box used to carry and deliver letters

Forms
้„ญ้‡ ๏ผ ไธ้‡ใ€Œใฆใ„ใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ€(Polite; courteous)

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1562/3)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

18 Likes

Each day, just do one more step than yesterday.
Day 1: Turn on the system
Day 2: Launch the game
Day 3: Press Start
Day 4: Read one text box
โ€ฆ
Day 4527: Finish your first ending

15 Likes

Hi all :> Iโ€™ve always wanted to join one of these challenges at the start but am always late! Since this challengeโ€™s time frame is up, does anyone know if a Spring 2023 challenge will be starting? Thank yooooou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Probably April 1st to May 31st. There is a month break inbetween challenges.

14 Likes