๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

February 15th!

Today I finished reading chapter 54, and also read chapter 55 of Shadows House.
just one more chapter to read tomorrow and Iโ€™ll be properly caught up with the club.

(Home Post)

19 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ•ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

I spent most of the day fighting poorly designed computer systems (seriously, one of these sites deleted a file off my desktop when I tried to upload it? like ???) to apply for some jobs, so lacked the mental energy to focus on reading too much today. Fortunately, ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ is actually kind of relaxing to read even in japanese. ็™’ใ—็ณป having its intended effect :sweat_smile:

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 13

Word of the Day:
้™่‡จใ€Œใ“ใ†ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ descent to earth (especially of a god); advent; epiphanyโ€‹

20 Likes

Something I really appreciate about ๅคœ็Ÿญใ— is how full each chunk of a chapter feels. I never feel like any one bit is uneventful. So if I only have enough time for one chunk of reading, I feel like I still got a lot out of my time reading it. I really appreciate it and am so grateful I can finally read it in Japanese.

14 Likes

February 15th
What did I read?: ้ญ”ๅฅณใจ็Œซใฎ่ฉฑ
How much did I read?: 7 pages
(Continued 4th Story )
How long did it take me?: 1 h 30 m

20 Likes

February 15 :snowflake: Home Post

Played some more BU$TAFELLOWS today! It was again kind of a busy and sleepy day so not the most reading time, but oh was it an experience nonetheless :eyes:

20 Likes

February 16th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 9 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Finished chapter 36, read up to page 118.
Today: Continued up to page 158, finished chapter 37.

Iโ€™m almost done with this volume and Iโ€™m starting to contemplate finishing all the Sakura volumes until the 28th. If I put a little bit more time into the reading sessions on weekends, it should be possible to pull it off. :thinking:
While thereโ€™s still roughly 2 weeks left of this challenge, Iโ€™m also already thinking about whether I should continue the challenge during spring or if I want to switch my focus. Questions after questions but I still have some time to think about my next step.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
ๅฏ„ใ‚‹ (ใ‚ˆใ‚‹) - to approach, to draw near; to gather; to stop by

Honourable mention(s):
ๆณ•ๅ‰‡ๆ€ง - (ใปใ†ใใใ›ใ„) - law-like nature, regularity

22 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 15th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
92 - 109

:honeybee:

21 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 15

Just read some ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ as it was a hectic day and didnโ€™t have that much time.

22 Likes

home post

16th feb

chapter 3 of ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆ0 finished! the chapters are long, and this one feels like it had loads more text than the last one, so they take a while but itโ€™s fun so i donโ€™t mind. it really is speedrunning a standard shounen plot tho isnโ€™t it :joy: i know it basically has to wrap up in one volume (tho getou turns up in ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆ anyway, so i suppose i know how that turns out) but it really is quite fast-paced! part of me wants to read the rest of the manga just to see how the author grows and improves from here

words that stood out: ่ฆ (ใ‹ใชใ‚, pivot, cornerstone. iโ€™m playing ai somnium files atm so this was a nice coincidence), ๆฐ—ใฎใ›ใ„ (ใใฎใ›ใ„, all in your imagination), ่ฝใกใ“ใผใ‚Œ (ใŠใกใ“ใผใ‚Œ, leftovers, odds and ends, dropout)

21 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 46: February 15th :mountain_snow:

spacer:girl: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ(ๅ…ƒ)้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 11 (38% โžจ 45%)

Another short reading day.

20 Likes

Feb 16, Thu of Week 8 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.4 Ch.15 ไผŠ่—คใฎ่จ˜ๆ†ถ (start volume)

Co-MC, so ่ฉณใ—ใ„

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.2-3

Hard time, grim hope.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใคใใฅใ = pondering keenly, deeply / becoming tired of. Kanji form is ็†Ÿ(ใคใใฅใ).
  • ใ‚ใพใญใ = everywhere. Kanji form is ้(ใ‚ใพใญ)ใ, ย  ๆ™ฎ(ใ‚ใพใญ)ใ.
  • ใ‚†ใจใ‚Š = leeway; time to spare = ไฝ™่ฃ•(ใ‚ˆใ‚†ใ†)
  • ใฒใ‚‚ใ˜ใ„(.) = starving
  • ใชใ‚‹ใŸใ‘ = as much as possible = ใชใ‚‹ในใ. Kanji form is ๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ไธˆ(ใŸใ‘).
  • ใŠใ—ใ‚‹ใ“ = sweet red-bean soup with mochi = ใŠๆฑ็ฒ‰(ใ—ใ‚‹ใ“).
  • ๏ฝžใฅใŸใ„ใซ = alongside = ๏ฝžไผ(ใฅใŸ)ใ„ใซ
  • ่ฆ‹ไธ‹(ใฟใใ )ใ™ = to look down on; to condescend. It seems that ่ฆ‹ไธ‹(ใฟใŠ)ใ‚ใ™ and ่ฆ‹ไธ‹(ใฟใ•)ใ’ใ‚‹ can also work the same.
  • ่ฆ‹็ซ‹(ใฟใŸ)ใฆใ‚‹ = to liken to; to judge as / to pick out
  • ๏ฝžๅป (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = factory / lodging
  • ๅผ•็Ž‡(ใ„ใ‚“ใใค) = leading; guiding
  • ็ธๆ•…(ใˆใ‚“ใ“) = blood relation; personal connection
  • ๅฟ—้ก˜(ใ—ใŒใ‚“) = volunteering
  • ็Ž‰็ •(ใŽใ‚‡ใใ•ใ„) = honorable death; fight until death
  • ๆŒ‡ๆจ™(ใ—ใฒใ‚‡ใ†) = indicator
  • ๆจ™ๆœฌ(ใฒใ‚‡ใ†ใปใ‚“) = specimen
  • ไฝ“็พ(ใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“) = personification
  • ็ฟ’ๆ€ง(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ›ใ„) = habit
  • ๅ“ๆ ผ(ใฒใ‚“ใ‹ใ) = grace; style
  • ้šไธ€(ใšใ„ใ„ใก) = the best
  • ๅ‡บๆฅ(ใงใ‹)ใ—ใŸ = well done!
  • ๆŒ‰ๆ‘ฉ(ใ‚ใ‚“ใพ) = massage. Has Furigana.
  • ใ‚ใ‚„ใ‚ = Siberian iris = ่–่’ฒ(ใ‚ใ‚„ใ‚). Probably unrelated, but I also thought of ๆฎบ(ใ‚ใ‚„)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ่Šฑ่–่’ฒ(ใฏใชใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใถ) = Japanese iris. Has Furigana.
  • ็ง‘ๆœจ(ใ—ใชใฎใ) = Japanese linden, a kind of plant = ็ง‘(ใ—ใช)ใฎๆœจ(ใ). Has Furigana.
  • ไธ‡ๅนด้’(ใŠใ‚‚ใจ) = Japanese rhodea, a kind of plant. Has Furigana.
  • ๅ“็จฎ(ใฒใ‚“ใ—ใ‚…) = breed; cultivar
  • ็ณธ้›จ(ใ„ใจใ•ใ‚) = light rain = ๅฐ้›จ(ใ“ใ•ใ‚)
  • ๅฑฑ้‡Ž(ใ•ใ‚“ใ‚„) = countryside
  • ๅ็‰ฉ(ใŸใ‚“ใ‚‚ใฎ) = fabrics; kimono. ๅ็‰ฉๅฑ‹(ใŸใ‚“ใ‚‚ใฎใ‚„) is a shop that sells such.
  • ๅŠ่พฒๅŠๆผ(ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ†ใฏใ‚“ใŽใ‚‡) = half-agricultural and half-fishing
  • ๅญ˜ๅœจๆ„็พฉ(ใใ‚“ใ–ใ„ใ„ใŽ) = reason of being; raison dโ€™รชtre
  • ๅ‘ฝ(ใ„ใฎใก)ใซๅˆฅ็Šถ(ในใคใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†)ใฏใชใ„ = life is not in danger
19 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 16th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 09.90% // Volume II: 13.95% :hole:

Words found under the kotatsu

็Šฌๆญปใซใ€Œใ„ใฌใ˜ใซใ€ใƒผ Dying in vain; wasteful sacrifice of life
็ซ่–ฌๅบซใ€Œใ‹ใ‚„ใใ“ใ€ใƒผ Powder keg; ammunition depot

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

21 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 15-16 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag:
Novel and short stories in English :books:

Yesterday I only ended up reading a couple of short stories in English. Today I read a couple of scenes of B$ and I kept rereading the novel Iโ€™m currently in the middle of.

20 Likes

:snowflake: Day 47, 16th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

On todayโ€™s page we see a stable of classic JRPGs: the sprite of our travelers tucked into bed in full gear. And because they wish each other good night, we finally find out which person is which!

• Knight: ใƒขใƒซใ‚ญ (Moruki)
  • Archer: ใƒญใƒžใƒŽ (Romano)
21 Likes

we see a stable of classic JRPGs: the sprite of our travelers tucked into bed in full gear

I had a lot of fun making this illustration. Every time I see it I canโ€™t refrain a smile :slight_smile:

If you ever wondered where the name Moruki comes from (which you probably didnโ€™t) itโ€™s the Katakana for this game called molki. There is no secret meaning in that but since you mention the names I thought youโ€™d like this anecdote.

15 Likes

:house:
February 17

ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ pg25 โ†’ pg30

Started my morning with a little reading today!

22 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 16 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (53% โ†’ 56%)

Found the Chinese word for teacher today; ่€ๅธซ(ใ›ใ‚“ใ›ใ„) laoshi. Now Iโ€™m wondering if the other seemingly made-up words are also legit Chinese words.

21 Likes

I donโ€™t know what you are referring to specifically, but thereโ€™s a bunch of Chinese words in there, indeed. They are used for flavor.

11 Likes

Day 46
I read some more Kindaichi Shounen vol.3. Kindaichi found a rival, a young police officer, who thinks he can solve the case before Kindaichi. Iโ€™m sure Kindaichi will show this arrogant dude who is boss. Go Kindaichi!

3402 pages read

17 Likes

February 16th (Day 47) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ (69 - 73%)

I Finished chapter 9 today, only three more chapters to go! Then I can finally dive into part 2 :3

20 Likes