📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

Aug 8, Mon of Week 7 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

So, I started reading ブラックジャックによろしく, which honestly echo my career after graduation, although there are some differences, and I am far from being a top student.

In fact, I have had an exchange at a medical school in Japan as a med student before, but I didn’t understand or remember much.

Experience and differences

After graduating, studying in a public med school, I have a requirement to take an internship at a large hospital for one year, then a local hospital (usually small and in upcountry) for 2 years. (Unless I choose to enroll in some very specific specialty.) So I went to one of the largest hospitals in my country in somewhat a capital of upcountry, and then another not-so-small (120-bed, nowadays 200-) hospital there. Nowadays, I am in another small hos, though (60-bed).

I am not exactly sure, but I believe Japanese med students don’t practice much before graduation. But here, the last 3 years before graduation are done in a university hospital. First year – mostly look only, 2nd – occasionally, 3rd (extern) – practice under supervision. The truth still remains that graduates just after getting a license can’t do much and can’t make a decision well, especially for emergency cases. We call it, falling leaves of autumn. There are also issues of money and budget, but government usually supports well, at least in patients’ side (native citizens and registered workers). (Can be almost broke for the hospital, depending on the management; and in turn, can affect the pay and whether the pay is delayed.)

Of course, hospitals are still less than a half of public health. Many other things to worry about, to take care of a population in a responsible region.

Then, there also things about country being more and more developed; and general public becoming more smart, but not really. I blame anyone for not being careful enough. Written laws would give somewhat permanent unintended side-effects.

I look up most words if I don’t know here (which doesn’t that commonly happen), and I indeed don’t want to miss a thing. Currently at Page 25 of a 209-page vol (7 chapters). First chap is around 60 pages.

Specialized vocabularies
25 Likes