June 16th からかい上手の高木さん chapter 4 page 7.
June 17th からかい上手の高木さん chapter 4 started page 8, only a few panels as it was one of those mornings.
Tomorrow I’ll be going in for surgery on my dominant arm and I think I’m not meant to use it much for a few days, so I might not be up for much reading.
You have completely sold me on カラフル, although my Japanese isn’t yet up to the task, so I’ve added it to my hopeful backlog. I kind of want to watch the anime movie as it might help me with reading, but OTOH it will most likely spoil the book =/
June 16. Time: 30 min. Manga Pages: 4
What: Manga からかい上手の高木さん (Volume 1), current pick of ABBC. Chapter 8, Page 1-4.
Get to it too late, very tired. An important thing better be done the first thing in the morning, why there are other important things besides reading japanese books
Can’t wait for you to get to read it too! Sooner than later, I’m sure you will
I didn’t even think to check if there was a movie :0 I first tried to read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe in Japanese, since I was already familiar with the story. While it made reading easier, it did take away the intrigue and I eventually put the book down and never went back. Because of that, I now lean towards book first, then movie But everyone and every book/movie is different. Lemme know if you check out the anime, and if it’s good!!
Today’s reading was a lot lighter, just five actual pages from 進撃の巨人’s last chapter. The vocabulary is a little simpler since I’ve encountered a lot of fighting-related words, so that makes the narrative move faster.
I saw you posted one link to this shark manga on Bookmeter, and I seem to remember you saying this was the last one? Does that mean you’ve already read this: 『サメーズ』|感想・レビュー・試し読み - 読書メーター? Or is it different? You’ve made it sound so cute I want to try it!
15.6.
I mostly read bookclub stuff , but made sure to get in some あせとせっけん before bed.
16.6
Finished the chapter I started of あせとせつけん and a chapter and a half of 妖怪の子預かります as well as more bookclub stuff. Late shift is not conducive to a good reading mood somehow. This week as well as next is mostly late shift. D:
17.7
Today so far I read a chapter and a half of 妖怪の子預かります and I don’t think I’ll read more before work.
Ah yes! I have that one also, haven’t read the full thing yet (so I do still have some sharks in my future ) but it’s definitely a little different in terms of format. The one I just finished was all 4-koma format and stories that spanned multiple pages/multiple 4-koma. The サメーズ one you linked (and this other one, いつでもサメーズ) are more like…picture books, I guess would be the best descriptor? There are some 4-koma sprinkled in, but they’re just stand-alone one-pagers rather than multi-page stories. Each page has a different “theme.”
Some pictures to illustrate what the heck I'm talking about (please excuse the quality, taking pictures of book pages is hard)
This is from サメーズ (and いつでもサメーズ follows a similar format, but is more themed on holidays throughout the year!) - majority of pages seem more like the page on the right
I highly recommend the sharks to anyone who enjoys cute sharks
Thank you for your kind words <3 I am feeling a bit better today - more of an “aftermath of being sick” feeling instead of an “actively sick” feeling hahaha
I went out for curry with friends tonight so only had a little bit of time for birds. I’m getting close to the end of this sad library bird’s story and I find that I’m reading more with a lot less look-up time. Also though this game is an experiment in “I didn’t know they had a kanji for that word! Wow! Thanks!”
I’m really unsure how hard this game is in terms of comprehension, but even I who like birds and work at a Japanese school so I actually know a lot of the vocab already which has been a nice surprise, I’ve had to look up a lot a lot of kanji and words. The grammar is also at least N3 if not N2 level and the protagonist speaks in a very cute casual style.
I fear doing the doctor bird, actual bird bird, and hallucinogenic bird routes because I feel like the complicated word usage will take a steep climb, but I’ll continue on and do a full update when I get there.
It’s been a while since my last update since life got a bit busier lately, but the most important thing is that I’ve kept reading for the whole time (´。• ω •。`)
Read 5 more pages of Forbidden Scrollery(29/153, about 19%). Completed the first chapter, yay. Also I’ve finished reading at 23:59, almost didn’t make it in time (technically). Gonna take a bath and watch YT, as it been several days without Touhou Mincraft videos. But it will be tomorrow (technically).
Phrase of the day is definitely
その時はその時 【そのときはそのとき】[exp] we’ll cross that bridge when we get there; we’ll think about it when the time comes
Oh. That explains why ichi.moe didn’t find anything.
And it seems confusion is quite common as google displays “縁起” when you ask it for “緑起”.
・Read the rest of ch. 10 of Subete ga F ni Naru (90% → 94%). Yay, caught up with book club.
・Read 10 pages of SAO 7 (p. 190 → 200). Wiii, two thirds done.
・I feel like I read something else too, but I can’t remember ? tilts head in confusion