📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Nice! I don’t even remember when i last read that many pages (in any language) in a week xD

1 Like

Well, unfortunately, I broke my 5-day streak yesterday, because I didn’t do any reading except for WK context sentences, which I don’t count, because they are not a part of text.
I hope, today would be better.

13 Likes

Yesterday (6th) was another busy day where free time was really sleepy time.

I did feel like reading some more 赤毛のアン before bed though, so I did. :slight_smile: Probably 2/3rds through chapter 19, now.

13 Likes

Today I’ve read (will update as I read more):

10 Likes

Vanilla senpai :sob: :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Home post

June 7th very slowly read through page 10 of chapter 3 of からかい上手の高木さん, I started page 10 yesterday afternoon, but it took me my whole commute today to finish it. During work I was too busy to sneak a break to do more, and after work too exhausted. I’m just happy I still managed to make some progress!

11 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Day 7

Today I read aloud from ふしぎ駄菓子屋銭天堂 with my friend! We usually meet to chat, read and play games in Japanese every week. We read half of the クッキングツリー chapter of book one. For a children’s book I can’t believe how real the topics are, such as kids that are raised in an abusive and neglectful house. We’ll find out next week if the Mother destroys the cooking tree or not… And given how violent she is I don’t have a lot of hope.

First week down! :durtle_love: Excited for the next.

11 Likes

Your avatar is very cool!

5 Likes

Main Post

June 4th, 5th and 6th Update

June 4th – NHK News Easy articles
June 5th – A chapter of ヒカルの碁 (I’m a go player!)
June 6th – A level 2 graded reader from White Rabbit Press

12 Likes

Thank you!! The lovely @Lewby drew it, and even made a recording of their process. Check out their post here!

6 Likes

ooooh, how are you finding it? It’s a manga that I have on my list as one that sounds fun! (…not that my list needs to be any longer…)

3 Likes

Sum up! - Summer Reading Challenge 2021

Day 6 - June 6th
今日の読書: からかい上手の高木さん.
ページ: 16

Yesterday I totally forgot to update here (ノ_<。) Anyway, I’ve finished chapter 5 in just one day (ノ°▽°) and this means I caught up with the ABBC! Honestly, it was very easy since the conversations were quite repetitive and simple, but this means that I can read this manga alongside with another one! Yay!

(I’ll give an update later for what concerns today!)

11 Likes

Almost got this thread mixed up with another thread on the front page so I doubled the emotes in the title to make it less confusing :v: Hope I didn’t make it worse :joy:

14 Likes

Just discovered another cool resource:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/simpaw-life-my-multi-language-webcomic/51851?u=trunklayer

Which makes it as good as any other Japanese source!

5 Likes

I picked up 天冥の標 3, but instead started reading 人馬, an edo-ish period manga, but with centaurs. I keep getting my ships destroyed by the fact that characters are apparently all heterosexual. I guess this isn’t a BL manga not that I had any reason to expect otherwise… but come on. 小雲雀 you had chemistry with 松風, why did you get with his sister just because she has bewbs.

12 Likes

I finally got through the はーとふる彼氏 character introductions :raised_hands:

It took me so long because I typed up every single word I didn’t know into an excel spreadsheet. I know the introductions use a ton of words that will come up later, but dang this was a slice of humble pie lol. I have a total of 147 unknown words, but I was happily surprised with how I didn’t really have to look up grammar which was my biggest fear. I’m really enjoying it though I continue at the speed of a snail.

13 Likes

2016-06-07 day 6.
Reached page 11 of カニバル・フラン.
Learned the word 妖精 today(fairy) and that it shares kanji with 妖怪 (youkai, general touhou baddies). The art style is very cute.

11 Likes

Main Post

Started volume 7 of Yotsuba. Feels a bit heavier than the previous one. Love the sheeps on the cover.

Yotsuba ch 42

Was a short and sweet chapter. Took about 15 minutes to read through. Gave me some good reaction faces like

16 Likes

Main

June 6 - finally had some free time to relax and read. Now that 夏目友人帳 is on the backburner I went right ahead and read the remaining 74 pages of 乙女ゲーム and finished the first manga volume :confetti_ball: ( I was already about halfway through it before this summer reading challenge started). I am liking this series way more than I thought I would so am probably going to buy volume 2 soon. I had some more free time so thought I’d read some more manga. I saw people reading やがて君になる, which I had bought after seeing it picked for one of the bookclubs but never properly read it. Ended up reading 48 pages.
June 7 - busy day so squeezed in 5 pages of やがて君になる

To echo the sentiment of others - it’s really interesting and fun to see what everybody is reading, not to mention motivating to continue reading each day. Keep up the good work everybody! :muscle:

12 Likes

I read some more ふらいんぐうぃっち manga vol.1. Already read over hundred pages, I will need to decide what to read next soon. There are so many more manga, books, video games. visual novels I have to read.

One day I will need to update my bookmeter account but right now I don’t have enough time to do it.

12 Likes