📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

:fallen_leaf: :raccoon: :waning_gibbous_moon: :: TANUKIDATE 20211024 :: :waning_gibbous_moon: :raccoon: :fallen_leaf:

Day LIV: 弘法井戸 :dragon:

No pages today (of この音とまれ!) , still having a lot of difficulty with this one and don’t feel like any heavy reading today.

Read today’s Japanese folktale, from Mie Prefecture, about a white dragon that brings luck.

~ New Words ~
イチジク (無花果) - Common fig
白龍 (はくりゅう) - White Dragon
神棚 (かみだな) - A household shrine
ペッペッ - Spitting (Onomatopoeia)
杖 (つえ) - Cane, walking stick, staff

Historic Figure: 弘法大師 (こうぼうだいし), also known as 空海 (くうかい) - a Buddhist monk.

I was so confused with this, that moral seemed to come out of nowhere!

(and everything else you said but otherwise I’d have ended up with a massive quote)

This is the reason why I love these threads, I like that everyone can read what they feel they can and at their own pace (and the Tanuki, we can never forget the Tanuki). Before these threads I’d been thinking about joining a bookclub but they all felt pretty daunting, I know it’s not a competition, but when everyone’s reading the same thing it felt like it’d end up me struggling on page 2 and everyone else would have made it onto page 20 :rofl:
Going at a steadier, less goal focused pace has really helped me, in these past 3 (or so?) months I feel like I’ve learnt loads. There’s a lot of words now that I can just read, like that, it’s an amazing feeling!

These threads are the best :raccoon:

13 Likes